Maybe i missed out, but...

Preach

Since when were people's zodiac signs more interesting than people's age?

Because people made a big deal about the ages in people's profile. Then it was removed, and whenever someone asked why or asked if we could get it back, the answer was no. Then someone adds zodiac signs?? I don't want to know if the poster's a leo or a sagittarius, i want to know if it's a child or an adult damnit!

Preach

I hate to be a bitch, and I really don't like pushing things when I understand that the lack of response is a hint that it should not be pushed (or that Rukas didn't see this yet :D) but I would really like an explanation to the whole thing. If it's to stop people from making assumptions about others, hypocrisy reaches a climax with the inclusion of a rep system. Which is why I don't believe this is the real reason. Is there one or is it just laziness? :)

masta247

Staff member
why zodiac? What's the difference if somebody's born on june, july or december? It's a bit senseless in my opinion. Displaying age was nice. If somebody didn't like it he could always remove his age.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Age discrimination is something that I am against; who cares if they are a child or adult if they post intelligently, or if they post like dumb asses? Will you respect an adult who posts like he or she were 12? Would you ignore a 12 year old who posts like he or she were wise with old age?

Eric

Rukas, I think you're looking at extremes, lol. To see someone's age just seems a bit more interesting than their sign.

Preach

If I am having a discussion about say something a child can't fathom. About something work-contract-related. I dunno, i can't come up with something specific, but there are lot of things children can't talk about, grownups the same. If I'm having that discussion and the other party is being overly arrogant, cocky and is completely misinformed despite basing his or her ideas on assumptions made prior to experiencing what they are talking about, but leads on other members who are equally dumb.. You get the picture. This is also an extreme like what you said, but it has happened to me several times before.

Was it discrimination when Rahim was told his opinions on relationships matter less because he has less experience? No, because it's true.

And what Eric said. :)

masta247

Staff member
If age is discriminating then why show location? I think ignorant people will easier listen what 12 yo has to say than somebody from fucking backwoods.
For me it doesn't matter how old is somebody or where is he from. I know there's a bit different approach for 10yo guy or 50yo BECAUSE of the things they say. I can easily find out what age are you by analysing what you write (unless your native language is other than English of course - people including me who learn english as 2nd, 3rd or 4th language tend to sound like retards sometimes).

Another matter is wtf there are zodiac signs displaying?
Who cares about were you born on January or May?
It's totally pointless to me. There could be any other interesting info there like interests, occupation, favorite song or favorite meal at mc donalds (yeah it would be more interesting than zodiac sign anyway).

I like all those changes that were done on SH but I find displaying zodiac signs pointless.

Preach

I don't really care by the way. I am making an argument because of what I think, but it seems Rukas' decision is a thought out one so i'll leave it.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Age discrimination is something that I am against; who cares if they are a child or adult if they post intelligently, or if they post like dumb asses? Will you respect an adult who posts like he or she were 12? Would you ignore a 12 year old who posts like he or she were wise with old age?
can we have the zodiac signs taken off then? i really don't see its use.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.