Masta Killa's 'Made In Brooklyn' leaked and it's..

7 Syns

A very well put-together, well sequenced album that offers fans much of what MK's delivered on his firt opus "No Said Date". More or less a direct sequel, MK's delivery and rhymes improve with every pen stroke and flow unleased through the 13 track deep cuts.

With hard-to-find missteps, lush instrumentals supplied by the RZA, Pete Rock, Bronze Nazareth and "might-aswell-be-part-of-the-Wu-fam" MF Doom, MK take control of every beat with his monotone flow touching on subjects we probably have come to expect from the Wu.. The unexpected.

Tracks that scream out replay me, could well be the entire album. Especially however "E.N.Y. House", the well circulated around the net "It Is What It Is" with bretherns Rae & Ghost. The intro to "Nehanda & Cream" isn't needed, a cheap shot at comedy which on the 1st listen does what it's spose but gets annoying over time. But with the "Queen" beats (off No Said Date) playing in the background I cannot complain as it was my favorite song off No Said Date. The track itself "Nehanda & Cream" kicks starts at 1:25 min mark. A decent song.

Not forgetting the banger "Brooklyn King" and the intro "Then And Now" which features some children from some of the Wu members. To be honestly truthful, these kids might have massive futures ahead of them. Hearing 10 year olds rhyme like they do, buries any thought that all kid rappers are corny.

"Iron God Chamber" supplies impressive verses from God, Meth and RZA along side MK on a non-stop instrumental that yells "replay me". While both "Pass The Bone (Remix)" and "Older God's 2" giving the listeners nothing but quality hip-hop. "Let's Get Into Something" applies some r&b corooning, while the song is smoth and perhaps more suited for the bedroom after dark. It's definately a song which will get played occassionally, not constantly.

However we head straight back on course with the Deck & GZA assissted "Street Corner", definately a stand-out track. With all 3 members literally raping the song, which might be what fans will do once their fingers get blistered from constantly pressing replay/rewind for it.

The next 2 tracks, again, give us quality hip-hop. "Ringing Bells" and the Killa Sin/Free Murdah featured "Easy M.C's". The album closes with the Bob Marley influenced, tropically laced "Lovely Lady". A song which on the first few listeners sounds out of place but ends up growing and moulding into the album as time progresses beautifully.

Overall, not as strong as No Said Date. I'd rate it 4/5.

peace.

linx

Staff member
Haha, I think you give albums a high rating so easily though. :p I got it myself though and i'll check it out later today when i'm home. I'm sure i'll like it.

7 Syns

All I care for in rap is the music itself, I never go into as much detail as some of the other "hhheads" on here. I just listen to the rhymes, beats and flows. Then rate it. Much like yourself lol.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.