Masta Ace - Sittin' On Chrome.....Underrated & Over Looked!!

Tracklist:

01. Intro | 2:54
02. The I.N.C. Ride | 4:10
03. Eastbound | 4:29
04. What's Going On! | 5:44
05. The B-Side | 4:14
06. Sittin' on Chrome | 4:07
07. People in My Hood | 5:37
08. Turn it Up | 5:15
09. U Can't Find Me | 4:13
10. Ain't No Game | 4:55
11. Freestyle? | 3:29
12. Terror | 5:19
13. Da Answer | 4:56
14. 4 Da Mind | 4:45
15. Born to Roll | 4:14
16. The Phat Kat Ride, Thed | 4:05
This album isn't just over looked by majority of Hip-Hop heads, that don't know about Masta Ace BUT also over looked by Masta Ace's fans.

Why?

Because Masta Ace get's love for ''Disposable Arts'' & ''A Long Hot Summer'', basically his modern day work. ''Sittin On Chrome'' is good as those albums to me, if not arguably BETTER. This album is probably Masta Ace's best balanced album. It was released around the time West Coast was ruling the charts & NY was getting critical acclaim.

Masta Ace used that to his benefit & got both of those West Coast & East Coast sounds on his album, IMO the album did have a lot of West coast G-Funk influence on the album. Production did varied through both east coast & west coast sound but it actually suited his style very well, Masta Ace not the most complex of lyricists but still held it down with also great help from his crew who make numerous appearances from the album, with Lord Digga capturing a great performance on the likes of ''Can't Find Me''.

Masta Ace also flowed amazingly & produced a flow that was very CACTHY.
The production on this album easily complimented his style & IMO probably his best performance on his solo album.

Discuss this album, is it under rated to you?, what's the best aspects about the album etc.

ARon

I still listen to this regularly. I wouldnt say its underrated. It might not be as heard as some of his others but nah not underrated. The title track is my shit also, love that track.

It's tha I-N-C Ride....i still bump that shit, CD was fuccin' amazing...if i didn't know who this CD was by, I would think it was somebody from tha west n' shit

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.