Masta Ace question

jbrolax

Okay, I havent listened to this guy until recently. Apparently ive been missing out...

But did he retire? or is he still around?

jbrolax

yeh thats why i asked that questioned, at the end of the album he says hes leavin rap and stuff...

But yeh he quickly became one of my favorite artists, he's sick

sry just checked he's touring north america right now

at the end of long hot summer when he says he's quitting rapping it's a prologue (not sure if that's the right word) to his earlier album disposable arts

jbrolax

troo, i was just gonna say i was just listened to it and i was thyinkin it might be part of the story hes tellin throughout Long Hot Summer....guess so

Chronic

He was in the Juice crew. Had an album out in '90 Take a Look Around produced by Marley Marl. Dropped 2 albums SlaughtaHouse ('93) and Sittin' on Chrome ('95) with his group Masta Ace Incorporated.
In '01 he dropped Disposable Arts, which told a story. In '04 he dropped A Long Hot Summer which is a prequel to DA (prologue like Toopack said).

He did say he retired though:

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3355

Afterwards he said

"People have been throwing around the word retirement," sniffs Ace from his Brooklyn home, "but I'd call it more of a career adjustment. I'm really just changing my focus and expanding on what I do.
He intends to continue touring behind A Long Hot Summer for the rest of 2005, and while he has no immediate plans to return to the studio, he hasn't discounted the possibility of guest cameo appearances or performances at one-off events.

"I'm still down for collaborations. Actually, I just did a track with your boy Serious for his new album and I'll still keep writing rhymes – that's never gonna stop."

http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2005-01-27/music_vibes2.php

7 Syns

He's probably just going to change his approach to music, instead of actually retiring. But yeah he's one of my favorites, such a great emcee whom I really wanna check out live. All I need from him is "Slaughterhouse"..

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.