Marvin Gaye

His father wasnt to proud of his son because his dad was a minister and he didn't believe in what marvin was doing. One day his dad shot marvin in self defense. He said marvin went crazy. best song SExual healing.

Jokerman

MAKaveli_10 said:
His father wasnt to proud of his son because his dad was a minister and he didn't believe in what marvin was doing. One day his dad shot marvin in self defense. He said marvin went crazy.
Wrong

FroDawgg

actually jokerman, MAKaveli pretty much summarized it, except the shooting in self-defense (but i might be wrong though on that account)

Jokerman

His father was always jealous of Marvin's talent. Plus he liked to wear women's clothes and act effeminate from time to time. Him and his father used to have big arguments and his father once said if Marv ever struck him he would kill him. Well, take things up to the 80s and you got Marv so addicted to cocaine and other drugs, plus depression, that he was suicidal. Threw himself out of a moving car at one point before the end, but he wasn't really injured. Then he gave his father a gun saying he was worried for him and his mother's safety. A few weeks later Marv's over at his parent's house and during an argument his father slaps his mother. Marv hits or pushes his father. His father goes to the other room and gets the gun and comes back and shoots Marv. Last heard, his father's in a mental hospital for old people claiming he doesn't remember a thing about it.
From the mother's statements, she knows better.

I believe suicidal Marv gave his father the gun knowing it would lead to him shooting Marv. Not only did he want to die at that time but he wanted to get even, in a way, with his father, who had always been jealous of him and kind of wanted him dead. He wanted his death on his father's conscience.

Marvin Gaye - Distant Lover
Marvin Gaye - Stubborn Kind Of Fellow
Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up
Marvin Gaye - Heard It Through The Grapevine
Marvin Gaye (duet) - Stop, Look, Listen
Marvin Gaye (duet) - Your All I Need To Get By
Marvin Gaye (duet) - Ain't No Mountain

best marvin gaye tracks.

ego tripping out
got to give it up
trouble man
whats going on
inner city blues
heard it through the grapevine
stubborn kind of fellow

now if u want to make chicks drop them panties
sexual healing and lets get it on

also if u like marvin gaye also check out al green

some al green tracks that are good

aint no sunshine
L.O.V.E
lets stay together
i can't get next to you
i'm still in love with you
call me
here i am
let's get married
love and happiness

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.