Marvin Gaye is da s**t

Sorry if i'm a little late with this but people in my country aren't exactly crazy about Motown.

I mean i always knew some of his songs but i was watching "High Fidelity" the other day (very good movie i recomend it to everybody)
and it convinced me to listen to him more, and i've been bumpin his music for the last couple of days. I was wondering if someone can point some of his best work for me cuz i don't really know his albums

By the way i never knew he sang the original from All i need to get by (Method Man song)

I really want to hear more of his ballads so if u can help with song names or even opinions about him, I'd appreciate it!

troubled man, ego tripping, inner city blue, distant lover, through the grape vine. Just buy everyone of his albums, but those were some great songs to get u up and running.

Also if u like Marvin Gaye check out: Same Cooke, Bill Withers, and The Temptations.

thanks i listen to temptations a little i'll check sam cooke but about buying them u can't even find new albums in my country so i don't know about that

Militant said:
Get the albums "What's Going On", and "Let's Get It On". That should get you started.
"What's going on" is more one giant never ending song to me then an actual album.
Everybody should own a copy of "what's going on".

Don't forget Sexual Healing.

:thumb: Try After The Dance (off of his Album "I Want You"), that album is like a freakier version of Let's Get It On. Also if you like party songs, he dropped one of the classics of all time "Got To Give It Up". if you haven't heard, the lyric starts out "I used to go out to parties and stand around..." Once you hear it, you will probably recognize it.

You can't go wrong with Marvin, he's my favorite of all time. Also check out Stevie Wonder (70's albums) and Earth Wind & Fire (70's albums)... Can't go wrong.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.