Man Who Defaced Tupac's Statue Explains Actions

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
The man, who vandalized the bronze Tupac statue at his mother's Center for the Arts in Georgia last October, released a manifesto this week in an attempt to justify his criminal behavior.

He is Kenneth Anthony Wilson, and he refers to himself as a "writer," "artist," and "supa-hero," who claims the defacement was "my way of declaring an intellectual and artistic war against the gangsta rap community."

"Yes I defaced that statue of Tupac Shakur because the center is a cancer on the community," Wilson said in a statement. "For we reap what we sow ... Tupac Shakur is no messiah, that's why when he stuck his dumbass on his album cover and claimed he was not disrespecting Jesus Christ, God crucified his evil ass before the album came out."

43-year-old Wilson goes on to say that his actions are justified, because he believes the late rapper and his mother, Afeni Shakur, are misleading the youth through Tupac's image and message.

"Tupac Shakur is not only a rapist and murderer of his own people, his center of the arts is in the business of molesting the young minds of our youths into believing that 'Thug Life' is the American dream," the man explained. "Since Afeni Shakur insists on lying to the youth at her center that her son is the messiah and he died for the sake of them ... So she resurrects a statue of Tupac Shakur dressed as a reverend with the Holy Bible in his right hand ... Death Row Records did not destroy Tupac Shakur; smoking crack when he was in her womb did. Tupac Shakur was not only weak, he was a complete fool who never for one minute practiced what he preached."

As far as criminal consequences of his actions, Wilson says he plans to claim his actions are justified on moral grounds.

"I have every intention of proving in a court of law not only the hypocrisy of the Tupac Shakur center, but also its immorality, injustice, and illegality," Wilson said.

It's not immediately known when Wilson will get his day in court.

He was arrested in late October 2007 and charged for defacing Tupac's statue with handbills of threats against the center, other rappers, and record labels, as well as placing a noose around the statue's neck.

Although it was initially considered a hate crime, the charges were dropped due to Wilson being black and there being no racial motivation in the threats.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Kadafi Son

nobody ever said pac was the messiah, but im on pac's side cuz i know the good things that he did, which this guy obviously never heard of. Pac was human like everybody. i don't know why people never see this

thats fucking stupid so the guy never looked up joshuas dream how much pac wanted to leave death row how much 2pac tryed staying in line. when he shot those police it was defending a black man from rasist police that woman claimed rape bcuz she wanted to get money and everybody knows if you grow up with dealers hookers pimps and thugs you cant expect to be perfect basicly its people like that cunt that defaced 2pacs statue that 2pac hated people that dont understand growing up the way he did he had no choice but to do what he did

Tupac was a rapist and murderer? really? when did he kill or rape anyone? and i had to laugh my ass off at this comment: "Death Row Records did not destroy Tupac Shakur; Smoking crack while he was in her womb did" LMAO does this dumbass realize that crack wasn't even around in 1971? fuckin' moron.

Preach

most people outside of the tupac community don't really know that it was a set-up. a lot of professed fans don't even know that.

the things he said were obviously idiotic, but pac was no saint either. it makes sense that some people dislike him, but this guy obviously misunderstood what pac was about.

Delic

Giovane D'Honore
Most of the people who dislike Pac misunderstood him. This is obviously the result of media misinformation and the damage its had on Tupac's image. It's all about prejudice. I don't think there was anything wrong with the Makaveli cover. And that wasn't what killed him, his opposition of the system and his attempts of exposing it was. Jesus wasn't exactly the first and certainly not the last person to be crucified and unfairly judged the way he was. If someone goes through all that shit then he has the same right to tell the world about it the way Jesus did. If you're someone who actually care about the community you live in and do everything you can to get to the root of the problems like Tupac tried to, and you know that that's why you're going to get murdered, then you have the right to do whatever the fuck you want, even depict yourself as Jesus. Shit even Jesus himself was telling his people to get down and be ready to die like he did.

Right now I just feel like bumping Black Jezus and Hail Mary in public.

lol. man this guy is one of those 'he said a curse word which means he's evil' kinda guy. those are the sort of people we need to rid from communities.

and as for depicting jesus, some may see it as blasphemy but all he was doing was showing how he felt at the time (as if people were crucifying him.)

p.s. if someone was to even potray themselves as jesus, wouldn't that mean they're trying to be religious? so..........

this guys a fool lol if "God crucified his evil ass" lol, why has nas not been crucified, he did it in his video or people that have made movies like passion of christ. yea they showin the life of jesus but who the fuck has the right to say they are jesus even if its jus in a movie thats disrespect right there, no 1 can b jesus.

M

michael couture

I remember what my pops told me "blasphemy"

you can't suck up to god with more hate, 2pac changed my whole way of thinking, go buy the "thug angel" dvd and watch his interview when he was17. imagine how you would cope with homelessness, poverty, and the era of crack in poor communities. then listen to 2pac, he was a genius in the truest sense. and that guy adds to the crucifiction, why not use your airtime to raise awareness on alterboys in the church being raped, genecide in darfur, or starving children, because 2pac is a quick scapegoat, still.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.