Mafioso Rap

hey i have been listening to a lot of this mafioso rap lately, been listenin to people like Biggie, Nas, Kool G Rap for mad long, and recently a lot of Raekwon (with all the hype of his album), AZ, and a couple of tracks by The Firm. And while listenin to all these people, it really sparked my intrest in this style of music. My question to you guys is what artist should i be lookin in to that use this style of music? Somebody recently told me to start listenin to Twisted Black, anybody got any suggestions?

Also i hope this topic turns into more then just you guys answerin my question but sharin some of your thoughts on this style of rap and the artists, ect.

You mentioned all the greats of mafioso, but also check out:

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

... if u havent already done it. Personally, aint nobody fuckin with the godfather of mafioso, Kool G Rap, imo.

Reasonable Doubt is dope, though a bit overrated in my opinion.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is imo the best mafioso rap album ever made, as well as the greatest hip hop album ever from a musical standpoint.

Preach

check out Crime Boss' album "Conflicts & Confusion". if for nothing else, then because it's a dope album. production is really nice. really, it sounds like something out of the death row catalogue that no one knew existed or something. he has another album called "All In The Game" but I haven't heard it yet. T-Mix (who did a lot of production on "Conflicts & Confusion") did most of the production along with co-production from Eightball & MJG. It only came out a year or two before Conflicts, so I'm guessing it's pretty decent too.

Yea ill have to check out the Crime Boss, thabks for the suggestion, anybody know of any other good artists who use that mafioso rap style?

BTW OB4CL was "Clas-sic" and i really cant wait to hear the OB4CL2 hopefully its just as good if not better.

If you like nas and AZ you will love cormega, Go check out the testament and true meaning and realness. He is by far the best rapper from queens. Few song suggestions : affirmative action by nas/az/mega, saga remix, redemption feat AZ, beautiful mind, R U MY NIGGA.

Yea i have heard of him but never really listened to him other then if he had a guest spot on somebody elses song.

BTW I heard Affirmative Action b4 and thats a sick song n cormega kills that shit, there anit a verse on that song that dont go hard.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.