Mac Miller

THEV1LL4N

Anyone like his music?

He's pretty good, especially for his generation. Collabs with Termanology, Statik Selektah. I really liked his KIDS mixtape which had an 'illmatic' sound to some of the tracks.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I have no interest in him. I saw the best day video and I can see the talent, but he doesn't have that "It" for me to listen to him.

THEV1LL4N

i think he's different, can rhyme well and has good punchlines. breath of fresh air and has good delivery. i particularly like the positivity and unusually for me, his laid back approach to life - something im not so keen on with music unless its soul music.

nevertheless, i think he does it well and i look forward to more collaborations with termanology and statik selektah. he also did a track recently with talib kweli. im expecting him to feature with people like consequence soon, who i think could fit into his style slightly.

Shadows

He's good, but i agree with sofi, he doesn't have "IT"

i feel like his music is empty somehow. I can't figure it out, but it does nothing for me.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's because he's got no story to tell. He's a white suburban kid who likes to get high and make music. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm not knocking the talent, but there's also nothing to entice me to listen. As most people, I like an engaging background to a person. I like to believe that a rapper's words are coming from an authentic, inner place. If that inner place is, "hey I like to sip kool-aid, eat frozen pizza, wear nikes, and cruise" that's not going to interest me much.

Shadows

ahhhhh. i feel you.

What if he has that talent, and gets creative and makes up stories. (not about killing people) but shit like R.Kelly's closet shit. would that entice you, or does he have to be from the hood n shit?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member

Sure. Rick Ross probably never moved a gram of coke, but the way he carries himself on a track (FUCK THESE HIP HOP SITES, MY NIGGAS RICH OFF WHITE) you'd think he IS Freeway Ricky Ross so I still enjoy listening to his fairy tales. You know what I mean? With Mac Miller, I'd have a hard time believing anything.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I didn't click the links. But he looks like a dork.

I hate (with a fucking passion) white people who dress "black".

he doesnt really dress black, its more like the whole skater/sneaker head/hip hop clashing with punk kinda thing going on wit a lot of kids in the burbs. lot of rappers dress like that too- lil wayne, kid cuddi etc

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
he doesnt really dress black, its more like the whole skater/sneaker head/hip hop clashing with punk kinda thing going on wit a lot of kids in the burbs. lot of rappers dress like that too- lil wayne, kid cuddi etc
Kid Cudi has fashion sense in my opinion.

It was mainly the last video. With the shit hat worn on top of the head, that caused me to jump to that conclusion.

THEV1LL4N

Did anyone check out Blue Slide Park? It is the first independent album to reach number 1 in the charts since Tha Dogg Pound's "Dog Food" in 1995. He seems to have done this solely through the internet.

Jon

Capo Di Capi Re
I'm a fan, more so of the Best Day and The High Life mixtapes than Blue Slide Park.

Songs I particularly like are Best Day Ever (Bonus Version), Another Night, Get Up!, Wear My Hat, Wake Up, All Around The World, Life Ain't Easy, Live Free, Just My Imagination.

He's a young kid who seems to identify with many of the times of my generation and it's clear he's got a real love for hip-hop and a passion for rapping. His "it" thing is wanting to be paid to do what he loves to do and "live life like it's his job."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.