M-1 of Dead Prez releases solo album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
KOCH Records and Sotti Records are proud to announce the release of M-1's debut solo effort, Confidential.

The new album features Styles P, Q-Tip, K'naan and Cassandra Wilson, among others, and will be released on March 8, 2006.

M-1 is best known for comprising half of dead prez, which has generated a fervent underground following and respect within the hip hop community. Their notoriety is furthered by a reputation for dealing head-on with black power and politics in their music and everyday life. This album reveals additional dimensions in M-1's own creativity, while remaining true to the empowering tenor that all have come to expect from M-1 and any dead prez affiliated project.

With Confidential, M-1 has created a new platform, making it appealing for the current dead prez fan-base and new M-1 fans alike. "There's a definite theme, but it's not obvious -- I didn't telegraph where I'm coming from; if you know... then you know," said M-1

M-1 has partnered up with famed jazz guitar player and producer Fabrizio Sotti's (Cassandra Wilson) to release his debut solo LP."This of course does not mean that Dead Prez are headed for a breakup, the duo are still together. "Confidential is the next chapter in the Dead Prez book", explains M-1.

The track listing is:

1. One Side (The Anthem)
2. Early (Feat. Sticman)
3. Land, Bread & Housing (Feat. My Momma' & Re')
4. For You (Feat. Scrap Daddy)
5. Confidential (Feat. Re').
6. Love You Can't Borrow (Feat. Q-Tip & Cassandra Wilson)
7. 5 Elements
8. Gunslinger
9. Comrade's Call (feat. Styles P & Bazaar Royale)
10. Don't Put Down Your Flag (Feat. Young Dre')
11. The Beat (Feat. Bang Double)
12. Been Through (Feat. Re')
13. 'Til We Get There (Feat. K'naan & Story James)
14. Too Smart

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.