Lynden David Hall Has died

k69atie

SicC's Love
British soul star Lynden David Hall has died after a two year battle with rare cancer Hodgkins Lymphoma.
Discovered by the manager of UK group Loose Ends, the South London singer-songwriter released his debut album Medicine 4 My Pain in 1998.

The LP delivered singles Do I Qualify, Forgive Me and breakthrough hit Sexy Cinderella. Lynden went out to win Best Newcomer at the MOBOs and a nomination for Best Male at the Brits.

Source:www.bbc.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tx/lynden_david_hall.shtml

Also check out this link to listen to some of his tracks, one of my favourite songs ever is "Sexy Cinderella"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...6716/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_11_3/202-7329672-2909457

R.I.P

My god, i got his last album 'In Between Jobs' last summer. Only released 3 albums which recieved critical acclaim but not huge commercial success unfortunatly . And if you aint heard of him before i urge you to check them out. If you like D'angelo, chances are you'll like him.
Very talented musician.
R.I.P

jaimie.uk fan

WAKE ME WHEN IM FREE
Dam i have one of his albums somewhere - He never realy achieved what his talent deserved - I loved sexy cinderalla and was it Medicine for my pain ?? Think it was him ? ill have to dig that album out - was it realy in 98 - time flies .
R.i.p - to young to die .

jaimie.uk fan said:
Dam i have one of his albums somewhere - He never realy achieved what his talent deserved - I loved sexy cinderalla and was it Medicine for my pain ?? Think it was him ? ill have to dig that album out - was it realy in 98 - time flies .
R.i.p - to young to die .
Yeh that medicine for my pain album had some good tracks including 'sexy cinderella'. I remember the track 'do i qualify' being the reason i went out and got that album.
It was actually Trevor nelson who signed him to cooltempo records way back and he continues to champion his tunes all the way up to the present so i guess its thanks to trevor for giving lynden a chance:thumb:

I might be from the US, but know a lil something about Lyden.

"Sexy Cinderella" was my my favorite. I also like hoe it flipped it on the remix - the one that sounds like a Dre beat.

R.I.P.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.