Lupe Fiasco's The Cool

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Anyone care to give a rundown of exactly how the album was. Not much buzz surrounded it, but... i thought "Superstar" was a fucking awesome track, so my im getting my hopes up. Sitting on a 56k line so had no opportunity to get it, anyone who gave it a thorough listen? How the fuck could you go wrong with an album name like that?

i never was a fan of kanye and lupe... and those mellow rappers.. so i dled it, really skimmed each track and then thought about deleting it before another friend of mine told me to sit down and give it a good listen.. i did that...painfully... and i still couldnt handle it....i dunno... i think it sucked, but not anymore than his other albums and the other albums from similar artists..

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's a masterpiece. You have to train your ears to listen to it as if you were listening to audio of Shakespeare's books. It's a concept album. You have to decipher his lines, decipher his songs, decipher the meaning behind them. "Superstar" has double-meaning. Zimbabwe's opinion of Superstar is most likely that of a woman who would dance to the song in the club. Did he really think about the song, where it stands for in the concept of the album, and what the real meaning behind it is?

Jeremy

^^ That's true. Why I was saying I was getting used to it. Lupe is fucking nice and food and liquor was sick also.

ARon

I think it is a concept album but it wasn't pulled off as well as people think it is and it is being overrated and hyped cus of that. There are some very good songs and very bad ones also. I think he concentrated too much on the concept and not making something that actually sounded good also. Streets on Fire is my jam though.

I was on 56k not too long ago also Zim, understand your position and I'd say dl it.

Farzin

I skipped through it and although i liked Dumb it down a lot the rest didnt exactly impress me.

After seeing the Dumb It down video i had a lot of hopes for Lupe Fiasco but guess not.

Preach

not checked it out yet. it's funny, i have not heard many lupe songs. i used to think lupe fiasco was like kokane or butch cassidy, like a hook singer with some sort of "special" voice to him, so i never bothered to get his solos because it's like a danny boy solo - you get it for the 3 tracks that feature snoop, dpg, dre and pac.

but then a few months ago i realized i was wrong. i think i do have food and liquor on my computer but haven't listened yet. i'm gonna start getting into lupe, that video that was posted a few weeks ago, i liked that song a lot.

hizzle?

Staff member
I skipped through it and although i liked Dumb it down a lot the rest didnt exactly impress me.

After seeing the Dumb It down video i had a lot of hopes for Lupe Fiasco but guess not.

What did you understand from Dumb It Down?

Btw, Album of the year. Lyricaly...he fucking kills everyone today.

I -sadly- have to admit that he impresses me more than Talib Kweli... and God knows, I'm a huge Talib fan.

its one of the best albums this year.

EASILY

just to prepare urself for the album check out Paris, Tokyo , Gold Watch, and Hip Hop Saved My Life

Superstar sparked my interest in the album because i love that beat and the rhymes and hook it was the perfect first single the album is pure hip hop at its finest

7 Syns

Eardrum by Talib Kweli > The Cool by Lupe Fiasco..

I liked The Cool but he seems to smoother some songs with too much, sometimes the best way is to just let the beat jam for abit. He seems like he has too much to say on a limited time base. Some songs knock hard, others are so-so at best. It's still a dope album and it deserves it's 250,000+ 1st week sales.

peac3.

Casey

Staff member
My sisters man was playing it the other day in the car when we went somewhere so I got a chance to hear some of it. Seemed OK, not as good as he was making it out to be, though.

I liked that one track "Lil Weapon" produced by Patrick from Fall Out Boy. Superstar wasn't bad. The rest of it seemed random. I don't need to hear about your go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go gadget flow a million and one times, lupe.

I also don't need to hear about how Chicago is the best city in the whole wide wide wide wide wide world.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.