Lupe Fiasco wants to work with Pink Floyd

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco wants to work with British rock icons Pink Floyd for the follow up to his debut album, Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor.

"I got my wish list on my last album so I made this one unattainable," he says of his upcoming album, titled The Cool. "Now I want to work with Pink Floyd, or the remnants of Pink Floyd."

The psychedelic band, whose 1979 song "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" crossed over to R&B stations, have been through their own drama. They split up in 1985, and lead singer Roger Waters sued the rest of the group for continuing to use the Pink Floyd name during tours. Both parties eventually reached a settlement.

Waters reunited with the band for their July 2, 2005 reunion at London’s Live 8 concert, but vowed it would be the last time he would ever perform with Pink Floyd. Fiasco, however, isn’t fazed by the challenge of getting the band to work on his project. After all, he got jazz pianist Chick Corea to allow a sample from his group Return To Forever for the Food & Liquor track "American Terrorist" after Corea initially said no.

"'American Terrorist' wasn't going to be on the album, because we heard Chick Corea doesn't like hip-hop," Fiasco says. "But we went the extra mile to make sure he heard the rest of the record and could see that there was no cursing, and that there was positivity. We were taking extra care with his work and not putting any garbage out there. It's that same approach with Floyd. I'm really serious!"

Now that's what I call wishfull thinking, Pink Floyd even turned down an offer for an America tour that would earn them 126 million Dollars. Maybe Lupe could get one of the members to play an instrument on his album, but no way the whole band.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.