Lupe Fiasco puts finishing touches on album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco, 24, will drop his debut album, Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor, on June 27 via Atlantic Records and his production company, 1st & 15th.

The practicing Muslim says the album's title represents the constant tug of war between good (food) and evil (liquor). "My mixtapes cover a lot of ground, and the album is based on that, but it's a little more in-depth and lyrical," the rapper tells Billboard.com. "It's less of me trying to showcase my skills as an emcee and more about where I come from and really touching on issues I feel are valid."

The set is co-executive produced by Def Jam president Jay-Z and features production by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. Pharrell Williams and Kanye West are also expected to contribute.

TCD

Pittsey said:
Have you not heard Fort Minor's album. Absolute quality. Mike is a decent rapper, and very good producer. Lupe guests on it.
I don't actually understand Lupe's verse "Spraypaint". It's on some Star Trek madness but it sounds nice anyway, I like the way he piles rhymes upon eachother and the hook is real nice.

Lupe's mixtapes are also very hot, has he got an official release date?

FnF up!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.