Lupe Fiasco - Lasers

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Downloaded it last night. Not a huge Lupe fan, not really feeling the album. There's 4-5 good tracks but then some horrible tracks on there. The John Legend Track is one of my favourites.

roaches

Terrible. Sounds like the label put a laser gun to his head. Lupe really fucked up his career by coming out strong with two hits.

Lupe seems to be a man of polar opposites: he either makes beautiful music or utter crap; usually nothing in-between. That being said tracks like "Never Forget You", "Till I Get There", and "State Run Radio" (minus the chorus) are hard to come by these days. And I mean that as a complement.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Lupe has been lashing out at his label. Doesn't seem like he gave a shit about this record anyway. No wonder its anything but great.

UK_Thug

if any other rapper released this album, it would be good-to-very good, but for a lupe album its poor. it seems to be an album of compromise- he's allowed to say almost anything he wants, but he has to say it to beats and choruses chosen by the label.

still, there are some very good tracks on there, but track 4 is one of the worst songs ive ever heard, its just awful.

the whole thing feels very similar to kanye's graduation, the trey songz track sounds a lot like flashing lights.

overall im disappointed by it, particulary as its the first album in about 10 years that ive actually bought the CD for..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online