Lupe and Jay Z full sets at glastonbury inside...

linx

Staff member
I saw on another website that Jay-Z was performing that Wonderwall song. I was like WHAT THE FUCK? Seriously..

ARon

So I'm watching this, it's fucking tight, but I'm thinking isn't he supposed to represent Hip-Hop? Doin 99 problems over AC/DC and doing all the shit he did with LP is cool but fuck. The whole thing was if Hip-Hop belongs there or not and it does, Lupe and Jay both killed it. At the same time I'm thinking Jay didn't even deliver his music, he made his music friendlier for the "rock" crowd and kind of let me down. The performance was pretty amazing but at the same time I'm like damn, smack em in the face with your shit don't get pressured into something else. What he did obviously worked but still

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^He made a compromise. He must have felt he had to. Although I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it, I also thought the song selection was poor and thought what you said.

roaches

I haven't watched the entire set and thought Collision Course was wack as fuck but 99 Problems over ACDC sounds dope. It gives the band a chance to show off (let's face it, playing repetitive-ass hip-hop instrumentals is boring as fuck for live bands - I think the Roots do their cover mini-sets for their own sanity as much as they do it to please the crowd) and lets the rapper do something different and show an appreciation for the context he was in (ya know, like in Fade to Black, when Jay-Z rapped part of his club banger "Big Pimpin'" to "Like a Pimp," a club banger of that moment).

Stone_Cold

ive read reviews criticizing him for not having any guests, I bet these same dicks would be writting that he couldnt have done it without Chris Martin or whoever if he did bring people out.

Beyonce looked like she was on speed or something lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.