LP's which got released different to their original form due to sampling/label probs?

7 Syns

Name albums/records which got set-back or changed due to sampling problems? Hence the final product release being different to how it was originally intended to be released.

off the top I know,

Kool G Rap - The Giancana Story,
Ghostface Killah - Bulletproof Wallets,
Method Man - Tical 0: The Prequel..

name more.

peace.

Nas - Streets Disciple (sopposed to have "Good Morning" but had trouble getting the sample clearance)

Ja Rule - Blood In My Eye (couldn't get the Sam Cooke sample for "Change Gon' Come")

Tekneek said:
Nas - Streets Disciple (sopposed to have "Good Morning" but had trouble getting the sample clearance)

Ja Rule - Blood In My Eye (couldn't get the Sam Cooke sample for "Change Gon' Come")
ya nas's good morning was nice... sounded 2 much likes 2pacs but hey Isly did it 1st.

i have the doggystyle album and it does have g'z up ho'z down, its verry old. ive heard only the first 10 or 100k have it. cd's that got altered that i know of (actually almost every cd gets different released differently for the producer or the artist dont feel some cuts or whatever) are, Thug Life (this one got it bad) and not to mantion the chronic. i really like to hear the song mr officer. friend of mine has this old source magazine (with the famous pic of dre with black cap holding a revolver to his head) from 92 where they interview snopp dre and some of the pound (before any of them blew up, offcourse snoop and dre had it going on cause of 187um) (notice how suge is behind somebody everytime in the pics not to get noticed) dre was letting the interviewer hear the ablumwhen he mentions this song. all the songs in the interview + some extras got released on the cd but not mr officer. dre was even singin the hook in the interview going like: mr officer mr officer, i wanna c u layin in a coffin sir. guess it was too hot to be released back then, still wouldnt mind hearing it now since the before 97 deathrow era has the best music to offer for me.

fatal hussein 2nd album, he recorded tracks with rap-a-lot with fat joe, gangstarr, cormega etc, and was going to realease it , then he got locked up and they just threw a bunch of subpar tracks together and called it "fatal". cant think of any others.

Hm..I dunno...but uhm..what about this...That 9th and jean grae collabo leaked out way too early rite...I know you know this...but maybe some others don't...

So Jeanius leaked too early Grae 9th Babygrande were all mad as hell...ha...They decided not to release Jeanius any more but if im correct they are now working on a new project..same producer same mc...same collabo new album new rhymes new beats new hype ha...

So in the future this album will be mentioned...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.