Louisiana Supreme Court overturns C-Murder's murder conviction

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Jailed Rapper Corey Miller, formally known as C-Murder, has been granted a new trial after the Louisiana Supreme Court overturned his murder conviction Friday (March 10).

His lawyer Ron Rakosky said he would seek to have Miller, who has been jailed since the shooting, released on bond Monday.

Last month Miller filed a formal request with the Louisiana Supreme Court for a new trial after his second-degree murder conviction was reinstated last year.

Miller's lawyers Robert Glass and Ron Rakosky asked the state's high court to overturn the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal's decision last year to reinstate Miller's conviction relating to the death of 16-year-old Steve Thomas.

C-Murder was convicted in 2003 of second-degree murder for the fatal shooting of the young man outside a nightclub in January 2002.

Freedom Froggy

i wonder did he really do it. but he deserves a new trial if its true about all the evidence the prosecutuion left out that could have set him free a long time ago

XIAN

I just posted this in StreetHop so if someone wants to close it, sorry about that...

But I think he's innocent. With three hundred people in a club, a lotta people would like to tell the cops that they saw C do it, because his face stands out from being famous. It spreads from "I saw C Murder in there" to "Someone was shooting in there" to "C Murder was shooting in there."

ArtsyGirl

Who knows, but all the evidence should be out so it can be sorted through and a true verdict come out. I hate how prosecution does this holding back evidence shit, they should be just as interested in arresting the RIGHT person and getting the RIGHT conviction otherwise they're criminals themselves.

The.Menace

Staff member
Well it seems like he deserves a new trial - I hope it's gonna be just this time, I don't want to see no man go to jail for something he hasn't done.

SonOf2pac

The.Menace said:
I don't want to see no man go to jail for something he hasn't done.
:thumb:

i don't really like C-Murder or any of the No Limit rappers but no one should go to jail for a crime they might not have done... i'd rather see a guilty man walk free than see an innocent one go to jail

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online