Lookin for something new to listen to..

These requests prob get posted all the time, but if i you guys could drop a couple songs you guys have been digging lately i'd really appreciate it. I've been on 2pac remixes for last 2 months and I really need something else right now. I've listened through eminem show like 300 times in last 2 days which leaves me here, asking for some new songs. I've already got kanyes stuff, not really digging much of it, diamonds and drive slow but i've already overplayed em.

ughh just d/l "my ballz" by d12 from the longest yard album. It's awful... god why does eminem do stuff like this song after dropping premium stuff like Soldier.

Stone_Cold

Check out, Blackalicious - Passion, 4,000 Miles, Paragragh president, It's going down , Make you feel that way. Basically all of their Blazing Arrow album and the rest.

ARon

Throw something random out....
Get 4th Dimensinaol Rocketships by Gift of Gab.

Edit: Kind of curious, after seeing your posts around here besides Tupac, Eminem and that camp, who do you listen too?

Young Jeezy - Get Ya Mind Right
Cassidy - Get 'Em
Slim Thug - The Interview.....REALLY nice track
Juelz Santana - Yup Yup (Raps over the same beat Ludicris used for his 'RLD' intro. Santana's version is better, IMO.
Lil' Wayne - I'm A Ridah (Raps over 2pac and Outlawz "Made Niggaz" and kills it)

7 Syns

recent commerical thug sounds:
Tony Yayo - Thoughts of a Predicate Felon,
Slim Thug - Already Platinum,
Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 101 (or whatever it's called),

underground thug sounds:
Mathematics,
Method Man presents StreetLife

other:
Common - be.,
Proof - Searching for Jerry Garcia,
AZ - A.W.O.L.,

allhiphop.com, streethop.com, sohh.com, hiphopgame.com

check those out for further reviews of recent LP's.

peace.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Brotha Lynch Hung - Thats What I Said [ft. Loki, D. Dubb]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Gone Blown [ft. Young Droop]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Siccmade
Brotha Lynch Hung - Tried To Shoot
X-Raided - Deuce-5 to Life
Brotha Lynch Hung - Rest In Piss
Brotha Lynch Hung - One Mo Pound [ft. D. Dubb]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Catch You [ft. X-Raided]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Die 1 by 1
Brotha Lynch Hung - Xcaliber
X-Raided - Niggaz on my Shitlist
Young Droop - Pray 4 Me
X-Raided - Hellraizer [ft. Young Droop, Maniac]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Gotta Die Soon
Brotha Lynch Hung - Drunken Style: Phonk Beta Remix [ft. Loki]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Siccness [his 2 verses]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Stomp [his verse]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Welcome to Your Own Death RMX [ft. Cowboy]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Spitz Network [ft. Yukmouth]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Everywhere I Go
Brotha Lynch Hung - Situation on Dirty
Brotha Lynch Hung - Situations [ft. E-40]
X-Raided - Kamikaze [ft. Lunasicc]
Brotha Lynch Hung - Refuse to Lose
Brotha Lynch Hung - 24 Deep
Brotha Lynch Hung - 24 Gone
Brotha Lynch Hung - 40oz & Chronic
Brotha Lynch Hung - Went Way
Brotha Lynch Hung - On My Briefcase [ft. Phonk Beta, Zagg]
X-Raided - The Hole
X-Raided - Unforgiven
X-Raided - Body Count [his verse]
X-Raided - Sac-a-Indo
X-Raided - Spitten Venom
X-Raided - Incarcerated
Brotha Lynch Hung - Return of da Baby Killa
Brotha Lynch Hung - 187 on a Nigga
Brotha Lynch Hung - Walkin' 2 My Funeral
Brotha Lynch Hung - My Mind Ain't Right
Brotha Lynch Hung - I Went From
Brotha Lynch Hung - I Gets Off

...basically any Brotha Lynch of Raided U can get ur hands on. Also some new Kurupt is sicc, Crooked I, Kweli, Mos Def, Tech N9ne...some TI, Eastsidaz, Bad Azz, WC...depends on whatchu like.

pz

Aristotle said:
after seeing your posts around here besides Tupac, Eminem and that camp, who do you listen too?
First of all, thanks everyone for the songs, it's like 6 am here so i better get some sleep but i'll take a look at all of those 2morrow first thing (when i wake up around 4 pm :p) and tell yall what i think.

I'm actually kinda scared to answer that question aristotle because everyone will point and laugh :X but ishh cool, i'd say 85% of my listening is between what you listed, and the other 15 is split between Michael jackson, elton john, christina aguilera, alicia keys, always been a big fan of BTnH but i thought their solo cds were no good and that bone brothers cd... i didn't like a single song on it . But as you can see by my list, the problem is quite apparent.. Only bout 2 of those artists are active.. well elton is, but his new stuff isn't very impressive. Plus not like dying to hear alicia, just love pianos. Other than these guys, i got a bunch of random songs from multiple artists, but i don't really listen 2 their albums.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone heard the song "No ones Iller" by eminem, it has almost the exact same beat as drive slow by kanye.. wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Well i gotta get some zzz's thanks again for the song tips

if u tired of west coast go n listen some:
Showbiz & AG,Das EFX,Lordz Of The Underground,Big L,Guru(GangStarr),Afu Ra,Freddie Foxx,Jeru The Damaja,Group Home,D.I.T.C.,Kool G Rap,Big Daddy Kane,BCC

DPG iz all I C

MakaveliPrime01 said:
First of all, thanks everyone for the songs, it's like 6 am here so i better get some sleep but i'll take a look at all of those 2morrow first thing (when i wake up around 4 pm :p) and tell yall what i think.

I'm actually kinda scared to answer that question aristotle because everyone will point and laugh :X but ishh cool, i'd say 85% of my listening is between what you listed, and the other 15 is split between Michael jackson, elton john, christina aguilera, alicia keys, always been a big fan of BTnH but i thought their solo cds were no good and that bone brothers cd... i didn't like a single song on it . But as you can see by my list, the problem is quite apparent.. Only bout 2 of those artists are active.. well elton is, but his new stuff isn't very impressive. Plus not like dying to hear alicia, just love pianos. Other than these guys, i got a bunch of random songs from multiple artists, but i don't really listen 2 their albums.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone heard the song "No ones Iller" by eminem, it has almost the exact same beat as drive slow by kanye.. wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Well i gotta get some zzz's thanks again for the song tips
Yeah they use the same sample.

Kiss Your ass Goodbye remix is worth a listen.

MakaveliPrime01 said:
ughh just d/l "my ballz" by d12 from the longest yard album. It's awful... god why does eminem do stuff like this song after dropping premium stuff like Soldier.
I like Nelly's song "Fly Away" from that soundtrack. I havent been able to stop bumpin that. :thumb:

But some stuff Ive been bumpin recently:

"Long Time" (I think thats the name of it) - Ying Yang Twins feat. Anthony Hamilton

My Past
Hustlin' - Kurupt

Diamonds
This Is My Life - Slim Thug

Meeting Of The Bosses
Paranoia - Royce Da 5'9

Coming Home - Bizarre

Quikstrumental - DJ Quik feat. Jodeci

lets see what i been jammin to lately...

Daz Dillinger - It's Tyme To Ride on Em (Ft. Yo Gotti)
Daz Dillinger - A License To Kill
Daz Dillinger - Tow up From Da Flo' Up (Ft. Mz Mayla)
Daz Dillinger - Run Up & Get Dun Up (Ft. Bigg Baby)
Eminem - Anger Management
Saigon - Out In The Park
Saigon - Let A Nigga Know
Saigon - Drama Hour Freestyle
Kurupt - Speak on It (Feat. Val C)
Kurupt - Anarchy 87
Kurupt - I'm Back
Kurupt - The Past
Kurupt - My Homeboyz
Lord Tariq - We Got It
Outlawz - Losin My Mind
Pastor Troy - Acid Rain
Royce Da 5'9 - Wet My Whistle (Ft. Sara Stokes)
Royce Da 5'9 - Why You Lookin At Me Dog (Ft. Yo Gotti)

ARon

I had a feeling your answer was gonna be like that, no hate either, anyone who just listens to rap cus they are afraid to explore is an idiot.
But wow, you can try every single ablum that is good out there. Just start buying albums you see, pick some random as shit by an artist you hear is good or someone reccomends. It's almost like you are just getting started so choose away, find what you like and listen.

I do want to ask one question though. How can you call Tupac the greatest when you dont even know who to compare too?

Aristotle said:
I do want to ask one question though. How can you call Tupac the greatest when you dont even know who to compare too?
eh.. i'm not as big of a n00bie as i prob seemed by my last post. Idk, like for instance i loved And then there was X cd, but everything else dmx did didn't really appeal to me. Jay z, liked blue print cd, but i really wasn't feeling black album. Nas, i love songs like one mic, one more dance, good stuff, but i could never listen str8 thru an entire nas album. Nelly stuff, i absoluetly hated his first cd that everyone loved but i've been feeling his new countryesque sounding stuff. I say pac is the best because of his consistency, it seems nearly impossible to find, at least for me, in rap. Plus no one's cd's really blow me away like matw and 7day did so that's why he's still king. But yah i'm still checkin stuff out. I answered your previous question with like.. the artists that i have everything they've done, so maybe that's why it seemed like i'm a super n00b. As opposed 2 a mild n00b (which I am).

ARon

Still, you have a lot "deeper" to dig. Many artist who you have never heard of, many albums by artists you know you might not have came across. Just search, hit the DL section, different boards even. Try anything new. But don't worry bout bein a "noob" or whatever, everyone is like that, i find new stuff daily, the only people who might not do that here are like Roaches or 7Syns, doubt it but still, if you get a chance they'd be the best to talk to about this.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.