Local Cats

Whats good? Streethops got members from cities across the world. So I thought I'd make a thread so ppl from different cities can post tracks, or links to local artists from their city. I know theres talent everywhere but not everyone gets noticed. So I mean If ur from Jersey dont post a Redman track or whatever... post shit that you dont expect ppl from other cities to already know. Anyways heres a track called "Point Blank" from the city of Toronto..

.. enjoy

~peace

masta247

Staff member
A rapping duo from my hood

I picked it because it's the most representing song for my hood and my district MOKOTOW :cool: A lot of my friends are on the video, my neighbors, my ex gf, people from my past school, people I spent a lot of time with when I was a kid, people I've met on the hood etc. I've been there when they recorded that video but I'm not on it somehow :( Song has been recorded more than 2 years ago.

You won't understand the lyrics because it's Polish hip-hop :d

linx

Staff member
I'll post up a few local cats too..

Swann Notty
http://www.myspace.com/swannnotty

Swann has been around for a while now. He's probably the best around. Dude is a beast lyrically and he rips it every time. His new album is all 9th Wonder production. He worked with 9th for a while, but I think they had problems due to copyright shit. I forget. Real talk though, Swann's probably the illest dude anyone will ever post in this entire thread. He's a good dude.

Jon Hope
http://www.myspace.com/jonhope401

Hope hasn't been around as long as most of the other local acts, but his buzz is bigger regardless. He's making noise on internet hip hop sites and in other states and citys as well. I believe he's opening up for Nas in 2 weeks. Can't wait to go to that show.

Chachi
http://www.myspace.com/bigchach

Chach is like the mayer oh hip hop around here. He throws his own shows for people to come showcase their talent and shit. And all the local dudes come throw it down as well. Another real good dude.

Oh my, I think my brain is dead. There's something really wrong watching Canadians trying to be gangsta.
Instead of just contributing to the thread.. People love to run their mouth on the internet as if they know everything, it really makes them looks stupid. I've said this a million times, there's 'hard' people and 'gangstas' in every city on this planet. So some people need to climb up outta that lil box they're living inside. And by the way the track aint about being a 'gangsta' its about growing up in a poverty stricken area.

... now that i've addressed the ignorant comment I expected to have when I made this thread, Ima peep the links the rest of you posted, and comment on those in a bit.

~thanks

Australians and Polish people trying to be thug? I've seen it all, u guys are fuckin losers cuz u guys arent living in the United States, and only people in the United States can be gangsta, or even have anything to do with hip hop..

Puff man, both links u posted are dope as hell.The first group is on some different creative shit u know. And Dj Dolo's work is tight too.

Ruck, Ur shits not really my style. I used to love shit like that, but not really my thing anymore. Production is tight though. And at the same time, hip hop consists of all types of shit, so its just a different type of hip hop from what Puff posted. But still dope. The beat for hip hop is hype as hell.

Ur right masta247, i didnt understand a word they said. But shit, that video proves to me that Hip Hop lives everywhere man. people make it out to be just an American thing, but these dudes in Poland have a video that incorporated more hip hop elements (break dancing, b-boying, tunrtablism, etc.) in one video, more than I've seen in most big 'rap' videos today.

Tekneek.. Flow's are pure laid back, and the production is tight. Some nice laid back shit, even if the content aint that laid back.

Linx, Ur right swann is dope man. Im feelin dudes rhymeschemes. When's his album with 9th supposed to drop?.. Jon Hope's aiyte, wasnt feelin em much though. Chachi is pretty dope... some real talk on "CV in America".

~Keep postin... Trust me Theres so much talent out there, but its weird that theres still below average crunk shit and below average New York shit and below average Cali shit on blast 24/7. I mean all those regions also have MAD talent, but its like the dudes really doing some nice shit are rarely heard.

Anyways heres another 2 groups outta Toronto:

Tru Paz - These cats are on some Damian Marley type shit, a fusion of hip hop and Raggae

One Day

Drex Inkredible - The track 'Since You Past' is how these dudes caught my attention. They did it live, and that shit was just deep as hell

http://www.myspace.com/drexinkredible

~peace

Lok

I thought the point of this thread was to showcase talented local acts, not lame NYC dick riding wannabes doing absolutely nothing original.
But A.N.Y.W.A.Y...

I thought the point of this thread was to showcase talented local acts, not lame NYC dick riding wannabes doing absolutely nothing original.
But A.N.Y.W.A.Y...
People are influenced by what they listened to growing up. So every artist regardless of who it is has a sounds u can say are influenced by certain types of hip hop depending on what they listen to. So according to ur definition of a lame dickrider, everyone in hip hop today is a dickrider, other than the fathers of hip hop... wait they were influenced by other genres of music, so they must be lame dick riders too.

... some people sit and talk shit and ruin threads. Others pass on feedback contribute and keep shit going. So maybe next time u should set an example by posting a link to 'talented local cats doing original shit' in ur city so the rest of us can peep it too.

BTW IMO, I dont see any NYC dick riding on any of the links posted. Yes I see alotta NYC influence in the Point Blank video, but thats about it.

~peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.