Little Brother question

Little Skittle

Is "The Listening" as good as "The Minstrel Show"? Only recently did I check out Little Brother and I think The Minstrel Show is amazing. Should I check out The Listening? What about Chitlen Circuit?

"The Listening" is very different than "The Minstrle Show." The difference is drastic. "The Listening" is fucking amazing. Pick it up, you won't be disappointed.

roaches

There are no stylistic differences. Content-wise, on the first album they were rapping about trying to make it, on the second one they were rapping about making it.

linx

Staff member
Some people will think one is better than the other. You won't find a big group of people that will all agree on one album. I thought The Listening was a great album, but when I heard The Minstrel Show ..well I loved it. I think the overall sound is better. The Listening is much more laid back and shit.

Jebus

I enjoy the Listening alot more, but you should definitly try and check out all of their albums even the chitlin circuit had some gems.

i have the minstrel show and the chitlin circuit, and they are both VERY good albums. the first track off of the chitlin circuit, "War", is one of my favorite songs in recent years. ive been looking for the listening, but i cant find it anywhere

Little Skittle

Hallbanger said:
i have the minstrel show and the chitlin circuit, and they are both VERY good albums. the first track off of the chitlin circuit, "War", is one of my favorite songs in recent years. ive been looking for the listening, but i cant find it anywhere
check your pms

i prefer Mintrel show...but the listening is awesome as well

but as far as 9th wonder albums go....my fav is definetly Foreign Exchange - Connected!!!!

followed by Murs - 3:16

i wanted to check out the jean grey/9th album too...but i cant find it anywhere

Not to be a dick or anything but to the dude above me, kman_69, the Foreign Exchange album isn't produced by 9th. It is Phonte and a Dutch producer named Nicolay.

^^are you sure?...i read an 9th wonder interview around the time it came out...and he said he was working on the foreign exchenge album...??

anyway, yeah the chittlin circuit is dope too....also, 9th worked on masta ace's last album...not sure how many tracks he did tho...

PDT

I think The Listening is a little better.

The Listening is better musically, Minstrel Show is better lyrically I'd say.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.