Lil Wayne's The Rebirth not cancelled, Baby says he is better than 2Pac, Jay Z & BIG

Caesar

Staff member
Reports hit the internet a while back that Lil Wayne's upcoming rock album The Rebirth was shelved after poor response to it's single, the shitty "Prom Queen."

But no, Weezy has spoken to Rolling Stone and Cash Money CEO Baby has spoken to Vibe and both have confirmed the album comes out June 16th and even though it apparently features all rock inspired music and Wayne says he won't rap on it at all Baby says it won't be a rock album.

Hmm. Wayne says it is him simply branching out.

"I just got — I'm not going to say 'so good' at what I was doing, but it became such a regularity for me that I got tired of it. And then I said, 'You know what? I'm not going to rap on this one.'"

So he isn't rapping at all, he clearly says "I'm not going to rap on this one" and then follows it up with "I don't want to be the best rapper in the world. Not now…I want to be the best. Period. Now. My favorite rapper hasn’t done what I’m doing."

But Baby says it isn't a rock record.

"It's not a rock record, that's what I think people are getting misunderstood. When you speaking about a rock record, you think he's got a guitar and everything, but it's not that. It's going to be some of those types of beats, but it's just great music. I don't think no artist can do what he about to get done. My son is a rock star."

"He can rap, he can sing, he's just an artist," he continued. "I don't think no one will ever be greater [than Wayne] because I don't think no one puts in the time or the quality. If someone do come along, can you imagine what he’ll have to do? He got to put out on thousand mixtapes, do a thousand records [and] sell 100 million records. 2Pac, Jay-Z and Biggie didn’t get to the shit Wayne's done."

Without even touching on that last comment, this whole thing seems confused. Baby says Wayne can rap and sing, Wayne says he wont rap, so that means he will sing. The Rebirth has Wayne singing over rock production, yet Baby says it isn't a rock album?

It seems to me neither of them know what the fuck is going on. I just hope the music is good like they say, and in my opinion, sorry guys but "Prom Queen" wasn't.

Casey

Staff member
Everything I heard from that album so far has been trash and I doubt either of these guys know anything about rock music.

If Weezy has never listened to the following artists he needs to stay the fuck away from rock music:

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Chuck Berry
Buddy Holly
The Ramones
The Sex Pistols
Nine Inch Nails
Guns N' Roses
Nirvana
Black Flag
The Melvins
Killing Joke
Smashing Pumpkins
Linkin Park
KoRn
Slipknot
Marilyn Manson

......and that is just a crash course of contemporary rock from the 60's now. A good understanding of all those artists and their place and contributions to rock history is the BARE MINIMUM required to be able to contribute something to rock.

It'd be like thinking you could rap and sell records as a rapper but never having listened to Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, Rakim, KRS-One, Scarface, Tupac, NWA, Dre, Nas, Biggie, Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop. You'd get laughed at.

The.Menace

Staff member
Everything I heard from that album so far has been trash and I doubt either of these guys know anything about rock music.
I think I agree. only heard that other single but well.... man u r a rapper, stick with it or retire. And no, to put ou a shitty rock album doesn't make u better than pac. period.

Baby and Wayne are faggot lovers, of course he's gonna say some bullshit like that about being better than pac biggie and jay-z, from all the rock bullshit he has put out sounds like fucken garbage to me!

Kadafi Son

i guess these days, you gotta put out a mediocre rock able and sound like your singing with the use of autotunes to be better than Pac...gayest shit i ever heard

I bet Baby said Wayne was the 'GREATEST KISSER' he has ever kissed too!! Thats one dumb ass, no rappin ass nigga there!! Wayne couldnt come close to MAKAVELI, no where close to B.I.G & JAY-Z!! Eminem would eat Wayne up anyday!!!

Delic

Giovane D'Honore
Johnny J once said that him and 'Pac were going to do some rock stuff had he not died. So yeah, 'Pac didn't get to do what Wayne has done, but that doesn't mean shit. I want to know what kind of people buy this guy's record.

ooh

whats the big deal i dont really know why lil wayne is so overrated
i dont like any of his songs
and mostly 2 days rap is shit
ive noticed that usually artist that sells tens of millions also makes shitty music
im not saying that all but in my opinion money is only thing that motivates most of the mainstream rappers and thats a shamr its like blasphemy on hip hop
but thats just my opinion so dont start fuckin around

ArtsyGirl

He got to put out on thousand mixtapes, do a thousand records [and] sell 100 million records.
Oh yeah cos Wayne has done that, and quantity counts the most. I can see that yeah.

He's on druuuuuuuugs, Wayne doesn't have the popularity any of those 3 HAVE and two of them are dead.

lil wayne isn't even in the top 10 of all time let alone be better than 2Pac, Nas, Jay-Z or Biggie.

Lil wayne isn't even Hip-Hop, he's Hip-Pop. and since Hip-Pop sucks, that must mean Lil Wayne sucks.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.