Lil Wayne

ill-matic

never used to be a fan. he actually irritated me a while back. couldnt stand his voice, or his flow or whatever. but with all these appearances everywhere he's changed my mind. i gave him another shot. i downloaded a mass of his shit, and im in <3. great music in every single way.

smoke that kush

ARon

La La La La La La La. At least you put your ego aside and did the right thing. What tracks you liking a lot?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Nice man. Good to see somebody open their mind to other possibilities.

The Leak is awesome, the extended one not the EP. Everything after Dying is just classic. Dying, Something You Forgot, Pussy Money Weed, Prostitute. Amazing music.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer the "ride for my niggas", "I'm Me", "Love me or Hate Me", "get high rule the world", "boom" Weezy over "Prostitute" and "PMW" weezy. I love Feel like dyin', though. Prostitute and PMW are too mellow for my taste.

lol it's completely the opposite for me. back around '04/'05, you couldn't tell me Wayne wasn't one of the hottest out, if not number 1. but since he been doing all these guest appearances, it's taken a toll on his work. his flow is wack now, his punchlines don't hit half as hard as before, and just all around, he's greatly decreased as a artist. he just says shit to rhyme now, not giving a fuck if it actually makes sense. think i'm lying - listen to Gangsta Grillz: The Dedication, then listen to anything of him recently.

FroDawgg

man, i think he's horrible...way overrated. he whines, tries to sing and can't, and he doesn't say anything. the only song that had a message in it is "the sweetest girl" and his verse still sucked lyrically. i'm not saying all his stuff sucks, just the stuff i've heard.

i mean i heard one today, it was an r&b song (i don't know by who) and his verse was almost the wackest i have ever heard. the only line i can remember is something like "if he won't treat you right, i won't treat you wrong". (that line's not bad, but the verse was--content, flow, everything.)

sad thing is, i listen to his crap whenever it comes on just to see how bad it is and to see if maybe i'm missing something that makes him so good.

only thing i give him is work ethic. i mean, dude's on more songs than there are days in the year, so i know he's dedicated. but, at the same time, maybe if he didn't put so much crap out, he could focus on making quality stuff, rather than spewing out garbage.

and i think artists just have him on their songs just to have him. he doesn't add anything. that wyclef song i mentioned, i love (and i mean love--i think it's a GREAT song, even with akon, who i don't usually care for), but then his verse comes on.

like i said, i haven't heard ALL of his stuff, but i've heard a lot, and to me that's enough.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.