Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II

Mase

Fly In is dope.
Money On My Mind and Mo Fire (extremely wack) have been the only tracks that I really don't like so far. Not as good as The Carter, that's for sure. The majority of the production is good.
Discuss.

a south nigga with some eastcoast beats.i'm listenin and it sounds awfully wack.lil wayne trying to sound like neef and a mix of jayz and camron.anybody want this wack shit pm me

yea im still downloading cause i cant find a yousendit link so if ne of u got one please pm me but from what ive heard is that the lyrics are tight but some of the beats are a lil wack i cant wait to hear cause tha carter 1 was a hott cd hopefully this is too something new to listen to for a while

^^Unless they changed the release date, Dec. 6th

I was hoping to come here and read some nice reviews. But all the posts have said that TC2 isn't holding up to it's expectations. I severly hope this isn't the case when I cop it.

linx

Staff member
Don't know why i'm seeing bad things being said about it, it's better than the first one. Not that there's any need to compare, but if you wanted to then i'd say it's much better. The first one I didn't keep, with the exception of the song BM J.R. cause it's his best song and it's absolutely sick. This album has great production, good rhymes and all that. I was never a big Lil Wayne fan at all, but this album is nice imo.

I'm loving the production on this album. Despite a few bangers, Mannie Fresh never laced Lil' Wayne the way he gave jewels to B.G. and Juvenile, and the whole post-bounce music steez gets tired when you have someone who can't do it very well. And besides, Mannie Fresh could've never made anything like "Shooter". "Tha Mobb" and "Receipt" have to be Heatmakerz. I love how he raps over the same drums that legends like Rakim did, you can tell Weezy definitely made this album with something to prove. He's finally lived up to the potential he displayed on the mixtapes. I can see why Eminem was too scurred to return his calls.

jm5471 said:
yea im still downloading cause i cant find a yousendit link so if ne of u got one please pm me
Here's a filefront link somebody else posted.

Tha Carter II

hxxp://files.filefront.com/carternzm/;4377032;;/fileinfo.rar

pz

im listening to this cd right now, and all i can say is that its amazing, i dont see how people are complaining about it, its easily one of the best cd's of the last few years, no comparision

thanks ill try that link and also i dont know if it going to work so if you can upp it in yousendit or find a yousendit link it would be much appriciated because i keep hearing how good this album is i want to give it a listen myself

PuffnScruff

i'm not a big lil wayne fan. never have been. i never heard the carter (1). the only album i ever purchased from lil wayne was that album with that song the block is hot, and that album was pretty crappy. i have to admit, i've only listened to it once so far, but i'm feeling it. i really like ther production on most tracks.

This is his best-produced album - Mannie Fresh could never make something like "Shooter".

I'm tired of being patient / Stop being rapper racists / Region haters / Spectators / Dictators / Behind door dick takers / It's outrageous / You don't know how sick you make us? / I wanna throw up like chips in Vegas / But this is Southern, face it / If we too simple then y'all don't get the basics

Wayne still has room for improvement, though:
- A lot of these hooks suck
- He still doesn't have a lot to say, which is annoying because when he does address a subject ("Damage Is Done" from The Suffix, the verse from "Shooter" I just quoted), he does it very well.
- The lyrics aren't touching Lights Out. I'm consistently amazed with how he drops such ridiculous performances on mixtapes and when it comes to the album all that remains is the flow.

I'm glad he's moved away from the post-bounce production steez, but I was expecting more east-coast beats. A couple of Heatmakerz joints is not enough. I'm not mad, though - this album definitely passes the whip test with flying colors.

After the disappointments the Houston scene shit into our ears earlier this year, I thought this was going to be a bad one for southern rap. But with Let the Truth Be Told, Most Known Uknowns, A Piece of Strange, The Sound of Revenge, Big Boi's compilation, and this have held the region down lovely.

kingtim3 said:
This is his best-produced album - Mannie Fresh could never make something like "Shooter".

I'm tired of being patient / Stop being rapper racists / Region haters / Spectators / Dictators / Behind door dick takers / It's outrageous / You don't know how sick you make us? / I wanna throw up like chips in Vegas / But this is Southern, face it / If we too simple then y'all don't get the basics

Wayne still has room for improvement, though:
- A lot of these hooks suck
- He still doesn't have a lot to say, which is annoying because when he does address a subject ("Damage Is Done" from The Suffix, the verse from "Shooter" I just quoted), he does it very well.
- The lyrics aren't touching Lights Out. I'm consistently amazed with how he drops such ridiculous performances on mixtapes and when it comes to the album all that remains is the flow.

I'm glad he's moved away from the post-bounce production steez, but I was expecting more east-coast beats. A couple of Heatmakerz joints is not enough. I'm not mad, though - this album definitely passes the whip test with flying colors.

After the disappointments the Houston scene shit into our ears earlier this year, I thought this was going to be a bad one for southern rap. But with Let the Truth Be Told, Most Known Uknowns, A Piece of Strange, The Sound of Revenge, Big Boi's compilation, and this have held the region down lovely.
Agreed. The production is my favorite part of The Carter II. The Carter had a more gloomy feel too it. The production on this second one is much better. Overall a good album. I'll be rocking it in the car.

The album is tight...not a fan of all the songs...but fly in, fly out, and the mid-album flow over the same beat are all SICK...somebody who is a dj needs to blend all those flows together to make a sick 3 verse song. Shooter is fuckin tight, i dunno why people hating on the album...shit is sick

Out of curiosity, how is Lil' Wayne's street credibility? That line in "Fireman" where he talks about G-passes and passing them out got me thinking... plus what's up with his M.O.B. tatt?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.