Lil Wayne Reaches Settlement Over Unpaid Jewelry, Income Tax Questioned

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Lil Wayne has reportedly reached a settlement over unpaid pieces of jewelry.

As reported earlier, New Orleans based jeweler Jack Sutton took Lil Wayne to court claiming that the rapper purchased a $138,000 diamond ring and a $32,000 gold-and-diamond necklace from him in 2006 and only paid $24,000 for the pieces.

Sutton claimed Wayne had agreed to make monthly installments for the jewelry but failed to make payments and return e-mails after paying the $24,000.

Wayne's lawyer, Ron Sweeney, revealed to The Miami Herald Tuesday (August 12) that both parties had come to an agreement. Sutton is expected to be paid back this week and Wayne may return the $138,000 diamond ring as part of their agreement.

"We reached a settlement," said Sweeney. "Everybody's happy."

Lil Wayne's income tax payments also came under question. According to a May 6 notice of federal tax lien filed with Miami-Dade County, Wayne owes $977,840.81 in income tax.

Wayne has been residing in Miami since Hurricane Katrina ravaged his hometown of New Orleans.

Sweeney insisted that Wayne has paid the owed taxes but according to The Herald, a release of lien has not been recorded with the county.

Source: Sixshot.com

If taxes are being questioned look at Baby for answer because his kiddy gay rapin' ass is controlling shit. I dig Wayne but he need to leave Cash Money. It aint like Cash Money is a force or anything. I mean who in the hell they have besides Wayne? Thats what I thought.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.