Lil Wayne - Lollipop {1st Single}

Casey

Staff member
This song is OK. I can see why it's the single. It ain't mindblowing though. Certainly ain't fucking with 'Sensual Seduction'.

Da_Funk

This song is OK. I can see why it's the single. It ain't mindblowing though. Certainly ain't fucking with 'Sensual Seduction'.
This song is pretty terrible(and thats being nice), but to say it ain't fucking with sensual seduction. LOL that song is a steaming pile of dog shit. Yes I said it and I know you disagree and I really don't care that you disagree.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I genuinely disagree with the idea of making a whole song comparing yourself to a lollipop, but it is weezy... I think the song is catchier and will appeal more to audiences than Fireman, but I think it's less appealing to the fans that are not so happy with him doing club-exclusive tracks. For example, Fireman was a club track but also one that you could bump and not feel like you have to be in a club. It had lots of metaphors and shit. "Quick Draw McGraw, I went to art school". I haven't seen any of that on this song.

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of auto tune or vocoder enhanced vocals and hsit, but he's just followin the formula tryin to get paper. Let's just say I'd play that song at a party, but probably skip it on my iPod when i'm on my way to class.

Casey

Staff member
This song is pretty terrible(and thats being nice), but to say it ain't fucking with sensual seduction. LOL that song is a steaming pile of dog shit. Yes I said it and I know you disagree and I really don't care that you disagree.
Even if you ain't feeling the vocals, the production on that track is fucking stellar and any producer would tell you the same thing.

Casey

Staff member
As for Lollipop, I figured I'd just mention that as soon as I heard it I recognised Static (RIP) on the hook. He has/had a very distinguishable sound. I've been feeling his style since 1996 when he wrote 'Pony' for Ginuwine and I was upset to hear that he recently passed away. Even if I'm not a big Wayne fan, I give him props for putting Static on the single.

Song is growing on me after a few listens. I definately like it more than anything else I've heard from Wayne in a long ass time.

ARon

I didn't expect people to like this, surprised so many do. I like it, it's a fun track. If every song on CIII is like this though, which I doubt, I will be disappointed.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online