Lil' Kim released from prison

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Lil' Kim used her get out of jail early card yesterday. She can now celebrate Independence Day as a free woman after being incarcerated for nearly 10 months in federal prison in Philadelphia.

The rapper was convicted for lying to a federal grand jury and in the subsequent trial that stemmed from a gun battle in 2001 that erupted outside New York's Hot 97 radio station.

Lil' Kim (nee Kimberly Jones) left jail looking hot to trot in sunglasses and an all-white, cleavage-baring outfit.

Carrying a balloon and a bouquet of white roses, she waved to dozens of cheering onlookers before getting into a silver Rolls-Royce. The car pulled into a nearby parking lot where she re-emerged to greet the throng.

"I love you," she said, blowing kisses.

Some fans stayed up all night to ensure they made it downtown in time for her 6 a.m. release.

"It was worth it," Shakiyla Williams, 16, told reporters. "She was the same Queen Bee — fabulous."

The petite rapper, began serving her time in the detention center Sept. 19. She was sentenced to a year and a day in prison, but was released early for good behavior. In a statement released Monday, Lil' Kim thanked the city and federal corrections officials — as well as her fans — for the support she received while incarcerated.

"Today is a joyous day for me and my family," she said. "I am extremely grateful and happy to be home."

She stopped Monday to visit with her parole officer in Newark, N.J., and then returned home, where she was greeted by friends, family and a catered spread including barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, and salmon pasta salad.

Lil' Kim will remain under house arrest for 30 days at her home in Alpine, N.J., and be under supervised release for three years.

"She has accepted responsibility and handled herself in an exemplary manner," her attorney, L. Londell McMillan, said in a statement released by Lil' Kim's publicist.

ArtsyGirl

She better hope she doesnt go back to prison, alotta inmates would be jealous of her lavish exit haha get outta jail and into a RR? :laugh: Style.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.