Lil Kim reality show makes ratings history

As previously reported, Lil Kim: Countdown To Lockdown, premiered on BET March 9th. The show, which focuses on Lil Kim’s escapades shortly before starting her 366 day jail term for conspiracy and perjury, smashed BET ratings which made it the networks highest debuting show ever.

The show premiered last Thursday and pulled in 1.9 million viewers, the highest in BET’s 25 year history. BET President of entertainment, Reginald Hudlin, was certainly pleased but said he knew it was coming: "When we showed the first episode of Lil' Kim to test audiences, we got the highest scores in the history of the company," he said. "So when it became the biggest series debut in the history of the network, I wasn't surprised."

And according to Hudling, this is just the start: "As powerful as the first episode is, the series finale is even better. I'm pleased and relieved that my first new series on BET has become a 'must see' for so many people. I'm grateful to Edmonds Entertainment for delivering another great show for the network, and to the entire team at BET for fantastic work in every department."

The show is produced by Queen Bee Productionsand Edmonds Entertainment. You can catch the next episode at 9pm, March 23rd.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online