Lil' Jon resolves differences with label

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Lil Jon says he has shaken off record company politics that threatened to ground his upcoming solo album, Crunk Rock, which is now due sometime in the second quarter of the year.

The first single from the TVT disc was actually "Snap Yo Fingers," which was released last August featuring E-40 and Sean Paul of the Youngbloodz and went straight to the top of Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. But the album never followed due to issues with the record company.

"I dropped 'Snap Yo Fingers' because I was going through the drama with TVT Records, and I wanted to show people that I didn't go anywhere," Lil Jon says. "TVT and I eventually settled our differences. So I was caught between a rock and a hard place, because it was really the first single for 'Crunk Rock.' So it was either promote the record for a nice look in the marketplace, or we don't do anything and start from scratch when I do put my record out."

Lil Jon was on the verge of severing ties with TVT in late 2005, but the record label met his demands, which he won't discuss, by spring of the following year and he remained with the imprint. These days, he’s back in the studio continuing work on Crunk Rock.

"It's not a compilation," Jon says. "But it'll have a lot of appearances, like how Dr. Dre does his records. There'll be a hip-hop side and a rock side. It's a mixture of all the shit I've done. Like Run-D.M.C. rapping over a hard rock track, I'm going to go back to some of those hard guitars over hip-hop beats. I won't do a Metallica song, but I'll take a Metallica riff and put it over a gangsta beat."

Lil’ Jon says he has already recorded the song "Roll Call," featuring Lil' Wayne and Ciara, and reveals other finished tracks such as "me and Three 6 Mafia [on a song] called 'Act a Fool,' me and R. Kelly on a song called 'Myspace,' and Nate Dogg has a song too but I don't know what that's called yet."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.