Lil' Flip's album leaked by Sony?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Lil' Flip may have been screwed by his former record label Sony upon his exit last month. According to the New York Daily News, the rapper bought himself out of his Sony contract just before the label was scheduled to release his new album, I Need Mine. But as the label cut him loose, (at a considerable premium, says an insider), his entire album mysteriously ended up on the Internet.

"The album got leaked as we were leaving Sony," Flip's manager, Sandy Lal confirms. A source close to the deal added: "Sony was a sore loser about it."

Meanwhile, rumor has it that Flip is currently in talks with Warner Music's Lyor Cohen. But Lal would say only that a contract with an unspecified label is "almost a done deal."

PuffnScruff

i'm really not surprised. i had a teacher once who told my class about how he sat in on a couple of meetings with some big record execs. not just from one major label but from a few different ones all in one room. he said they talked about how they leak albums weeks before it is going to be released. i dont think the artists know they are the ones doing it and just put the blame towards the engineer or g.a. instead.

^ True indeed. I remember how Koch released KRS-One album without his approval and how Chuck D put Public Enemy album on the internet because they had dispute with Def Jam. And what to say about the whole situation with Cormega and Ras Kass? Record executives are really shady! :fury:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.