Lil' Flip leaves Sony Music Group

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
After his yet-to-be-released album, I Need Mine, saw its release date pushed back several times, Lil’ Flip has decided to leave the Sony Music Group, his attorney and manager announced yesterday.

Flip’s manager and attorney Sandy Lal gave no reason for the split but he indicated that he negotiated the rights to keep the masters of the Houston rapper’s forthcoming disc.

"Usually, it’s like the labels have all the power," said Flip in a statement. "No one else could have negotiated a release so favorable to me as an artist—and I got to take my masters with me! Incredible."

Lil’ Flip’s I Need Mine was initially slated for a late 2005 release. Its most recent release date was Tuesday (June 27), but the still has not hit stores. It leaked to the internet earlier this week.

Although Flip has not officially signed a new deal, XXL Magazine’s online component reports that the rapper is in talks with the Warner Music Group.

Lil Flip sucks, all his music is the same. His best songs are collabos on other artists records... State Ya Name Gangsta, Tear It Up are the best songs he has been on.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.