Lil B - I'm Gay ( I'm Happy)

masta247

Staff member
I don't know this guy but I googled him just out of curiosity and his response to the death treats rock:

"One-hundred years later, people gonna thank me, because people are going to be free. And that's the main thing. Even if it's 1 percent of the people that listen to me and are gonna be free, that's better than none," he said. "That's better than not speaking up at all ... and I spoke up and I did it."
Why are rappers so stupid?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I downloaded it, I usually download any new hiphop, even if I expect it to be trash. The album is..trash apart from 2-3 songs which are okay every now and then.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not familiar with Lil B's extensive catalogue but being a religious rap blog reader, I feel like I have a solid idea of what the guy's about. He's experiencing the world and he has things to say but he can't articulate them because of his limited rap-writing talent. For example, if you're describing how badly impoverished people are in third world countries, your raps shouldn't be about 3rd world countries not having sidewalks. You were in country without sidewalks? OMG, how do they LIVE?

Anyway, he likes to get real high and the stuff he says he thinks is really smart. And I bet his yes men tell him that. If you listen to him closely, there are some flashes of brilliance but again, he's not smart enough and not talented enough, to say anything worthwhile. If you wanted to, you could take some of his lyrics and try and prove that it's something profound, but you'll be stretching it. Even so, if you asked him to elaborate, he'd fall short, like most rappers who say something interesting and are asked to elaborate on it but end up looking stupid, ie Lupe Fiasco.

As far as this album title, he feels like the spotlight he has and the following he has puts him in a position where what he says and does can have an impact. That's a good thing to understand as a rap artist. His album name is an example. It's supposedly controversial. But he's a suburban kid from the Bay, from what I know, so it's hardly a brave album title. And I bet he doesn't even have a cogent explanation for his decision.

masta247

Staff member
And I bet he doesn't even have a cogent explanation for his decision.
Oh he does :D
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662490/lil-b-im-gay.jhtml

"I'm not gonna stop and I'm not scared of anybody on earth," he said of the Twitter backlash. "That's why I [titled the album I'm Gay] and nobody gonna stop me."

B insisted he's not a homosexual, but that he is gay, i.e., extremely happy, flipping the word and focusing on its other definition. "I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy," he said. "I'm a gay, heterosexual male."
[..]
Lil B also believes that even though he's facing resistance now, in the future he'll be hailed as a hero. "One-hundred years later, people gonna thank me, because people are going to be free. And that's the main thing. Even if it's 1 percent of the people that listen to me and are gonna be free, that's better than none," he said. "That's better than not speaking up at all ... and I spoke up and I did it."

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Thank you Lil' B - now I know that gay means happy. I would have never known. A 100 years from now, people will thank you for letting them know gay means happy/content.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I would have preferred it if he labelled it - I'm Gay (I have bum sex)

And then had sex with men irrelevant of whether he is a homosexual. Now that would be a marketing plan.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.