Lifestyles Ov Da Poor & Dangerous (Big L) -or- Word... Life (O.C.)

7 Syns

2 amazing records, filled with pure b-boy nineties music. I want to listen to one of them but im not sure which one to put on first. So, I decided to make a thread to compare both these underground gems from 94 and 95 respectably.

Firstly Big L's debut, Lifestyles ov da poor & dangerous. Which featured the classic single "Put It On" alongside the just as good tracks "MVP" and "Street Struck". The classic collaboration "Da Graveyard" and "Let 'Em Have It L".

Then O.C.'s debut which rocked my stereo the first time I heard it. Word... Life. Which featured the classic single "Time's Up" alongside other gems like "Point-o-Views" and both the original and remix to "Born To Live".

Fuck these records are slammin, it's a shame they didn't put it down together on wax more. Seeing they used to actually chill with eachother and all. So which do y'all prefer?

peace.

i luv that big l album, his lyrics are nasty, mvp is one of his best songs he shoulda had some more time, he was dope and could spit better than almost everyone out nowadayz

Easily Lifestylez, I don't know about Word...Life cuz I ain't liked it that much. I recognized it as a classic but I was bumpin' lifestylez way more. But either way L and OC made some dope music not only by themselves but with DITC. Good shit.

Duke

Staff member
Damn, im hella curious at Word...Life. i fuckin love L's work and to see peeps comparing O.C. to him makes me really wanna check him out. cant find his shit, tho. could anyone share it or up it somewhere? i'm sure im not the only 1 who'll appreciate it :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.