Let's talk about Jurassic 5.

7 Syns

I think J5 deserve a thread, simply because they rock or in hip-hop terms their music goes hard. Ive been re-listening to Powers In Numbers and Quality Control alot recently, aren't they just dope albums?

They are the new-age Pharcyde, and/or, Souls Of Mischief. Agree to disagree and vice verser I think so. I had the opportunity to see them live a few years ago and they did the set and crowd wonders. Great live performance, I really put them up their with The Roots and/or De La Soul.

Charli 2Na is my favorite emcee from the group, he has a real unique flow and voice. Lyrically he is straight, Ive seen him spit some really dope lines which inevitably made me hit the rewind button a few times. Woah!.

:thumb:

peace.

7 Syns

KAMIKAZI said:
Only songs I heard from these guys is that one that goes "we holdin on to whats golden" and the one on Tony Hawk Underground.
Then I suggest you get on the SoulSeek, Kazaa, WinMX or whatever you use and type in Jurassic 5 :thumb:. If not wait a few 'til I upload a song or two by them. :thumb:

peace.

I saw them live in Sydney, one of the few acts that comes off real strong on stage. A great feel-good performance. Met them after and they signed my ticket, great guys, they hung around after the show until all the fans were satisfied.

Charlie 2Na is also my favourite in the group, however I wasn't so keen on his solo outing, The Fish Market.

And yes, Quality Control and Power in Numbers are exceptionally dope albums, so dope that I had to pick up the instrumental LP for the latter.

If you haven't copped those albums yet, you really really should.

Cut Chemist has got an LP, The Litmus Test, which has an alternate version of 'Thin Line' that just oozes coolness, in case you haven't heard it.

goymz said:
Charlie 2Na is also my favourite in the group, however I wasn't so keen on his solo outing, The Fish Market.
That album/mixtape is what got me into listening to the group albums. I never heard of J5 before that. I think it's better than the group albums, eventhough those are ill as well

Scoobyffc

7 Syns said:
Then I suggest you get on the SoulSeek, Kazaa, WinMX or whatever you use and type in Jurassic 5 :thumb:. If not wait a few 'til I upload a song or two by them. :thumb:

peace.
:thumb: true...they dope

* going to search my Jurassic 5 albuns *

that joint with nelly fertaudo "thin line" i used to throw on whenever my girl would come over. so laid back, so chilling even if it is about staying friends muahahahah

a

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.