Let's get this shit crackin.

What up everybody.

Streethop is slow as of late, and i wanna talk about some hip-hop yall!!!!!!!

I've been hearing enormous amounts of good music lately, thanks to numerous members that contributed to my "hypnotizing jams" thread, and just pure luck. I am also anticipating an entire slew of new albums that are slated for a release at some point this year.

A couple songs that have caught my ears lately:

1. Busta Rhymes Feat. Nas- Don't get carried away (produced by Dr. Dre). Busta rhymes is hit or miss me this song is bullseye. Laid back piano beat, and busta flows right on point. Not to mention Nas has a real nasty verse until it is cut short by KaySlay. Only version I have been able to come across is a pretty bad quality, clean and is tagged. But still i play it all the time, it's addictive. Not sure if this track is going to be on "The Big Bang" but it would be a perfect fit.

2. Been feeling quite a few cunninlynguists tracks as of late. Always love how they try to create a mood with each and ever song. A lot of nice soothing beats to sit back, prop ur feet up, grab an ash tray, and spark up a little weed. The 2 tracks that are really hittin the spot right now by them are "caved in" featuring Cee-lo and "Mic like a memory". Both songs have been in heavy rotation for a few days now.

3.Too $hort-NationWide-Independence Day. For all you WestCoast and gangsta rap lovers there are quite a few great songs on this '98 compilation a friend of mine showed me a few weeks back. "I ain't gonna forget this", "Who loves Ya" , and "hellboud" are all great jams.

4.Unreleased Dr. Dre. As of late I have straying away from "gangsta" rap. The other day i was getting ready to mow, and it was time to select the album i was going to listen to during the mowing session. Flipped my book a few pages. Chronic sat right in front of my eyes. It only took a split second to decide that i was going to be listening to Chronic. I guess i kinda forgot how great that cd was. Hard ass pounding beats. Smooth flowing West Coast shit. My favorite type of music. Since that day of mowing i have been searching for all sorts of Unreleased Dre. stuff. found lots of tracks i had never heard before. Some one mentioned Sam Sneed-"Lady Herion" and i also found tracks called "money" "get your money right" "my life" "split personality" "The watcher 2" "put it on me". Dont know where these songs originate, dont know what time period they come from but they are delicious and ohhhhh so nutrious to my ears.

Well thats what ive been listening to/ discovering for myself as of late.

How bout, what you been listening to as of late?
What are you looking forward to hearing in the near future?

ARon

I bought about 10 guys cd's on the street in vegas so i'm checkin those out. I always try to catch local cats when I go somewhere, been through 2 so far nothing worth mention but I'll let you know.

Aristotle said:
I bought about 10 guys cd's on the street in vegas so i'm checkin those out. I always try to catch local cats when I go somewhere, been through 2 so far nothing worth mention but I'll let you know.
Real cool. Does Vegas have thier own style, or can you compare them to someone?

Always cool to sprinkle in a little from each state, ive got some Ohio jams that are real nice. Couple by a dude named King Dave, his producer used to go to my high school, at least thats what ive been told. And we got a kid from our town (Hilliard) named Lil' mike that has been making some moves. Hes got a song over Jay-z's "In my Lifetime' Beat that is crazy. But i dont think ill ever be able to hear that song again. Let my friend borrow it and it ended up getting broken along with his entire cd collection on a druken night. But ill def. try and get a hold of it.

Shot 21

Just to let you know The Watcher 2 isnt unreleased. It is Jay Z ft Dre Dre, Rakim and Truth Hurts and it is on Blueprint 2:The Gift & The Curse.

ARon

Vegas really doesn't have it's own sound, I wasn't really impressed by anything but it's not like I could expect to pick up a classic on the strip. There beats are kind of a combination of like Lok said that chicano sound but with like some south in it, followed up by that lazy flow. Sounds pretty good, got some nice shit to listen to so I'm happy. One guy that I picked up his name was J Skills, yes I know creative, he was probably the most impressive, pretty witty and lyrical with that lazy flow so I wasn't expectin that. But all in all as for what I can speak for Vegas is ok.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.