Lesser Known Rapper/Actors

Everybody knows Cube, 'Pac, Busta, Em, Queen Latifah, etc, as some of the better known rappers-turned actors (or the other way around in 'Pac's case), but what are some more obscure people that anybody can think of? Here are two that I didn't even know I had in my iPod until I found out who they were, and they can actually flow a little bit:

Romany Malco-Best known for playing Jay (the "Black Friend", you prejudice SOB's;)) in 40 Year Old Virgin, and MC Hammer in the factually-inaccurate VH1 bio-pic of Hammer (Wow! I didn't know 'Pac died in '97! Were there any fact checkers at all on the film crew???), he's a pretty tight actor, but before all that, he was a member of The College Boyz, who were signed to Virgin Records in the early 90's. I wouldn't know much about them, except I'm a HUGE Quik fan, and a friend sent me a Quik remix of the College Boyz song "Hollywood Paradox". It's a really fucking tight song, and Malco held his own on the track.

Litefoot-Native-American actor from that Indian in the Cupboard movie back in '95-96 (Loved that movie when I was little), but around the same time, he actually cut a rap record. What I didn't know, is that I had one of his songs all along, thinking it was somebody else, and it's got a tight West Coast flavor to it. It's called "Get Yo Hustle On" and it has him rapping alongside Foesum and others. Worth checking out.

Who are some others (if anybody even cares about this thread)? Send me a PM if you want to hear either of these two tracks, which are worth checking out, IMO.

They're pretty known, man;)

I'm talking actors who you never would've known they were a rapper first, or had ever cut a record, but were pretty tight when you found them out.

I think I've heard the name "Big Pun" before, I'm not sure though;);)

AmerikazMost

Oh, and has Will Smith been declared no longer a rapper somewhere? No one ever mentions him, but he's by far the most successfull rapper turned actor.

AmerikazMost said:
Oh, and has Will Smith been declared no longer a rapper somewhere? No one ever mentions him, but he's by far the most successfull rapper turned actor.
That's because his music's so horrible that most people only know him for his acting.

AmerikazMost said:
Yeah, but you could say the same for Queen Latifah. Last time I checked she and Smith were the only rappers turned actors to be nomiated for actor oscars.

AmerikazMost said:
Act like you didnt bump any of his shit back in the day.
haha funny thing is you're right. I even had an old DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith tape, and his umm big willie style i think cd, the one with miami and shit.

but we're talking like 11 years old here. I sure as hell wouldnt consider bumpin any of his tracks now. I'd gladly watch some of his movies though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.