Legit news on Eminem's "The Re-Up."

What began as a raw street mixtape intended to introduce some new Shady Records artists has turned into a full-fledged album release called Eminem Presents: The Re-Up.

"What happened is that the material was so good and the tracks were getting produced like a regular album," Eminem said in a statement about the compilation he executive produced, which is slated for release December 5. "Instead of putting it out there rough and unfinished, I thought we should add some other new tracks, make it a real album and put it in the record stores to give these new artists a real boost."

The new Shady artists he's introducing include Stat Quo, Ca$his and Bobby Creekwater, who rhyme alongside their label boss and his D12 crew, as well as 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Obie Trice and Akon. Eminem decided to take the project aboveground when information — which he said was incorrect — began circulating about what was going to be on it.

Em produced the majority of the songs on the set, with the Alchemist (Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Nas) pitching in on a few tracks and compiling the whole thing into mixtape shape. Alchemist hooked up with the Shady team when he served as DJ for Em on last year's Anger Management 3 tour following the departure of former DJ Green Lantern.

The first single and video from the Re-Up set is for "You Don't Know," featuring Em, 50 Cent, Ca$his and Lloyd Banks. With the exception of Stat Quo's "Billion Bucks" and Obie Trice's "Cry Now" remix, which appeared on recent mixtapes, all the other tracks on the Re-Up are previously unreleased.

Atlanta's Stat Quo was invited into the Shady family after Em and Dr. Dre heard him on an underground Atlanta mixtape, while the ATL's Creekwater got his deal after Em heard his work on some demos and studio sessions with Alchemist, according to the press release. Chicago native Ca$his, who moved to Orange County, California, as a kid, came to Em's attention thanks to his work with West Coast underground group the Renegadez.

The Re-Up track list includes "No Apologies" (Eminem), "Talkin' All That" (Ca$his), "City of Gold" (Bobby Creekwater) "Murder" (D12's Bizarre and Kuniva) and the "Smack That" remix with Akon.

In addition to clearing up rumors about the Re-Up, Em also said that, contrary to speculation, the mixtape is not a tribute to late D12 member Proof, the rapper's close friend who was killed earlier this year during an altercation outside a Detroit bar.

"The D12 album and those unreleased songs with Proof are coming," said Eminem. "But The Re-Up is about these new artists and these new songs. It isn't fair to them or to the memory of Proof to mix them up."

Source: MTV News.

Dogmatic187 said:
What began as a raw street mixtape intended to introduce some new Shady Records artists has turned into a full-fledged album release called Eminem Presents: The Re-Up.

"What happened is that the material was so good and the tracks were getting produced like a regular album," Eminem said in a statement about the compilation he executive produced, which is slated for release December 5. "Instead of putting it out there rough and unfinished, I thought we should add some other new tracks, make it a real album and put it in the record stores to give these new artists a real boost."

The new Shady artists he's introducing include Stat Quo, Ca$his and Bobby Creekwater, who rhyme alongside their label boss and his D12 crew, as well as 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Obie Trice and Akon. Eminem decided to take the project aboveground when information — which he said was incorrect — began circulating about what was going to be on it.

Em produced the majority of the songs on the set, with the Alchemist (Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Nas) pitching in on a few tracks and compiling the whole thing into mixtape shape. Alchemist hooked up with the Shady team when he served as DJ for Em on last year's Anger Management 3 tour following the departure of former DJ Green Lantern.

The first single and video from the Re-Up set is for "You Don't Know," featuring Em, 50 Cent, Ca$his and Lloyd Banks. With the exception of Stat Quo's "Billion Bucks" and Obie Trice's "Cry Now" remix, which appeared on recent mixtapes, all the other tracks on the Re-Up are previously unreleased.

Atlanta's Stat Quo was invited into the Shady family after Em and Dr. Dre heard him on an underground Atlanta mixtape, while the ATL's Creekwater got his deal after Em heard his work on some demos and studio sessions with Alchemist, according to the press release. Chicago native Ca$his, who moved to Orange County, California, as a kid, came to Em's attention thanks to his work with West Coast underground group the Renegadez.

The Re-Up track list includes "No Apologies" (Eminem), "Talkin' All That" (Ca$his), "City of Gold" (Bobby Creekwater) "Murder" (D12's Bizarre and Kuniva) and the "Smack That" remix with Akon.

In addition to clearing up rumors about the Re-Up, Em also said that, contrary to speculation, the mixtape is not a tribute to late D12 member Proof, the rapper's close friend who was killed earlier this year during an altercation outside a Detroit bar.

"The D12 album and those unreleased songs with Proof are coming," said Eminem. "But The Re-Up is about these new artists and these new songs. It isn't fair to them or to the memory of Proof to mix them up."

Source: MTV News.
Fuck! Less than a week ago it was Oct... now it's fuckin' Dec.? Christ! We need some GOOD rap music..

finally Stat Quo get's to shine. it seems like Shady Records has pushed him to the side so far. 2 obie trice albums and still no Quo album? that last obie album was garbage. this actually should be Stat Quo's album release instead of this compilation.
shit,they been sleeping on him for a min now,wake up!
Dre,Em and Stat Quo could put together a #1 album.

Biological said:
finally Stat Quo get's to shine. it seems like Shady Records has pushed him to the side so far. 2 obie trice albums and still no Quo album? that last obie album was garbage. this actually should be Stat Quo's album release instead of this compilation.
Because Stat Quo is garbage. This is the reason Obie is the best solo artist Shady has... because he's really the only one (I don't count Em). 50 and Stat are both wack... and Cashis and Creekwater are new... haven't heard 'em yet... so I can't comment.

S. Fourteen Quote:
Translation: Ghrist! I need more Shady releases! da doing doing doing
Why is it that any other rapper in the game... when they're you're favorite rapper alive, no "gay" jokes are made... but the minute Eminem is someone's favorite rapper, oh... the person just must have a shrine to them and ride their bologni pony.

Give it up... Em is the best alive in the game FOR MY MONEY... When Pac comes back from Cuba (that was sarcasm), then you can say Em ain't the best alive...

ThUg $TyLe Quote:
There is already good rap music around..
Like who? The only people with records out right now that I really dig are Cube and Obie in rap... that's pretty much it. Banks' "Rotten Apple" hasn't dropped yet... and Buck needs to put out a new album. Where the fuck is Detox? Tha Carter 2 was ok... but not as good as the OG IMO... I DLed Chamillionaire.. and that dude is better than I gave him credit for. Game is a fucking joke... so is 50... Diddy ain't putting out rap, and if he was, he's a joke as well... Snoop... I can't take him seriously anymore... Nas and Jay got shit coming but while i respect them... I just don't like them. I got respect for both... but I just don't care for their stuff.

Biological said:
Biological said:
Because Stat Quo is garbage. This is the reason Obie is the best solo artist Shady has... because he's really the only one (I don't count Em). 50 and Stat are both wack... and Cashis and Creekwater are new... haven't heard 'em yet... so I can't comment.

S. Fourteen Quote:
Translation: Ghrist! I need more Shady releases! da doing doing doing
Why is it that any other rapper in the game... when they're you're favorite rapper alive, no "gay" jokes are made... but the minute Eminem is someone's favorite rapper, oh... the person just must have a shrine to them and ride their bologni pony.

Give it up... Em is the best alive in the game FOR MY MONEY... When Pac comes back from Cuba (that was sarcasm), then you can say Em ain't the best alive...

ThUg $TyLe Quote:
There is already good rap music around..
Like who? The only people with records out right now that I really dig are Cube and Obie in rap... that's pretty much it. Banks' "Rotten Apple" hasn't dropped yet... and Buck needs to put out a new album. Where the fuck is Detox? Tha Carter 2 was ok... but not as good as the OG IMO... I DLed Chamillionaire.. and that dude is better than I gave him credit for. Game is a fucking joke... so is 50... Diddy ain't putting out rap, and if he was, he's a joke as well... Snoop... I can't take him seriously anymore... Nas and Jay got shit coming but while i respect them... I just don't like them. I got respect for both... but I just don't care for their stuff.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
bam margera said:
The Roots
Little Brother
Joe Budden
Ras Kass

to name just a few

There is rap outside MTV you know, why don't you go check that?

EIB

Bam_Margera said:

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Bam_Margera said:
i find it funny how you say the best solo artist of shady records is obie trice. for em, his best solo artist is 50 cent because he is the one who sold the most. from a label's point of view, best = biggest seller. i dont like 50, but he is successful give it to him. as for stat, havent heard much bout him, but from what i heard he aint that bad. and obie's cheers was good, but the second round album sucked. obie is good at times, but bad at others.

as for the re-up mixtape, i cant wait. wanna hear some new eminem to see if he's back to good rhymes and stuff or still dropping words that pelase the general public. also looking forward to stat quo.

ThUg $TyLe said:
The Roots
Little Brother
Joe Budden
Ras Kass

to name just a few

There is rap outside MTV you know, why don't you go check that?
OK.. The Roots is hella tight.. but the rest I don't dig either.

*shrugs* Like I said... I'm just unhappy with most of the rap in today's mainstream. Wish shit could go back to the way it was from like 88-96... when rap was at it's absolute best.

_carmi:
i find it funny how you say the best solo artist of shady records is obie trice. for em, his best solo artist is 50 cent because he is the one who sold the most. from a label's point of view, best = biggest seller.
See, this is the problem with music today, though. And, I'm not just talking rap... I'm talking music in general. We all measure how good an artist is anymore by sales figures and units sold. I remember a time when sales didn't mean shit. Talent was talent and was recongnized whether the act sold 14 records or 14 million.

50 may be Em's biggest money maker, but Obie is by far the best TALENT. Em needs to sign some people from his own hometown aside from his homies. Hell, Obie and Proof have homies on the underground that Em could sign like Raw Collection, Miz Korona, Killa Kaunn of Purple Gang... Moe Dirdee.

i dont like 50, but he is successful give it to him. as for stat, havent heard much bout him, but from what i heard he aint that bad. and obie's cheers was good, but the second round album sucked. obie is good at times, but bad at others.
Well, ya know... to each his (or her) own... but neither are for me. And yea, 50 is successful, but not because he's a good rapper. Because he's a good hype man. He's an extraordinary salesman. He could sell ice to an Eskimo. But... I listen to music for meaning... not for 50's bullshit.

as for the re-up mixtape, i cant wait. wanna hear some new eminem to see if he's back to good rhymes and stuff or still dropping words that pelase the general public. also looking forward to stat quo.
Well, being on the Detroit underground... I have LOTS of friends who are down with and grew up with D12 members.. so a lot of them hear word through the grapevine and from what I've HEARD.. Em is back with a vengeance. Between the cancer of his mother, the divorce with Kim and the shooting of Proof, not to mention the attempt on Obie's life at the end of 05... I hear Em is back to kill on the mic... but we'll see.

EIB said:
Care to explain to me why my opinion is so ignorant.

You know... I see a lot of people make posts like you... who never say anything. Why type one line? Why not explain to me why my opinion is "ignorant"? I'm dying to hear.

EIB said:
Care to explain to me why my opinion is so ignorant.

You know... I see a lot of people make posts like you... who never say anything. Why type one line? Why not explain to me why my opinion is "ignorant"? I'm dying to hear.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Bam_Margera said:
See, this is the problem with music today, though. And, I'm not just talking rap... I'm talking music in general. We all measure how good an artist is anymore by sales figures and units sold. I remember a time when sales didn't mean shit. Talent was talent and was recongnized whether the act sold 14 records or 14 million.

50 may be Em's biggest money maker, but Obie is by far the best TALENT. Em needs to sign some people from his own hometown aside from his homies. Hell, Obie and Proof have homies on the underground that Em could sign like Raw Collection, Miz Korona, Killa Kaunn of Purple Gang... Moe Dirdee.
aiight. you were replying to this:
Biological said:
so here we are talking business wise. = money. money = popular rappers. popular rapper on shady records - 50 cent. get it? we are talking bout why stat has no album yet out while 50 cent and obie have. yeah talent is important, but talent is not recognized anymore. anyways i was talking business side. a business man will pick what will bring money.

anyways obie trice is average. nothing more. his last album SUCKED. i cant even listen to it for most of it. fucking boring album. wtf has happened to the obie trice of cheers? uh?

and gotta say today's world is all bout money. most rappers get in the rap game now for money and the fame. thats how it is. and em is signing people who will make him gain some money and that will be successful. and i cant blame him for that. what? you hoping someday he'll sign you? LOL

edit: does this post make sense? lol i'm re-reading it telling myself wtf not quite sure to understand myself.

aiight. you were replying to this:
No.. I was replying to your statement that 50 is the better solo act on Shady because he makes more money. I don't agree with that and I'm saying there was a day and age in rap... where that wasn't the case.

. popular rapper on shady records - 50 cent. get it?
Yeah... I get he's popular... because he was marketed right. That doesn't make him the better rapper. Only a better salesman.

we are talking bout why stat has no album yet out while 50 cent and obie have.
I'm not at all. I couldn't care less if Stat never drops, because I don't like the guy's music. I just said that Stat hasn't dropped yet because he's worthless.

yeah talent is important, but talent is not recognized anymore.
Which was my point. Thank you for agreeing. Now that we have agreed on that, lemme ask you this... does that make it right?

anyways i was talking business side. a business man will pick what will bring money.
A business man will pick what will help him and make him money OVER THE LONG TERM... not over the next 4 years... but over the next 10.

anyways obie trice is average. nothing more.
I agree. But that said, he's still better than 50.

his last album SUCKED. i cant even listen to it for most of it. fucking boring album. wtf has happened to the obie trice of cheers? uh?
*shrugs* I love Second Rounds. And as for "what the fuck happend to obie of cheers?"... peep some of his interviews he did before the album dropped, that Obie is gone. After you get shot in your own hometown when no fight or beef exists and the doctor tells you the bullet missed killing you by like a millimeter... that changes your perspective a bit.

and gotta say today's world is all bout money. most rappers get in the rap game now for money and the fame. thats how it is. and em is signing people who will make him gain some money and that will be successful. and i cant blame him for that. what? you hoping someday he'll sign you? LOL
*sighs* Jesus Christ... enough with the fuckin Eminem jokes already. They're as redundant and 50 screamin he's been shot 9 times. *snoorrreee*

There BUCKETS of talent in Detroit that are much further along in the game and deserved to get signed over me. BUCKETS!!!!!

All I'm saying is that, growing up the way Em did and facing the obstacles he did... he SHOULD be making things easier on the scene that made him and that he made simultaneously. But he's not. It's just as hard now in Detroit to get a record deal as it was 9 years ago when Em was found. Yet... in that time... Em and Kid Rock have both blown up huge, as have other acts. Em is the fucking Don of rap right now in Detroit. He inherited the title when Proof was killed. But he's signing people from other states. Yeah... I understand the money situation...HOWEVER.. .loook at it this way. 10 years ago nobody would sign Eminem because they so no money in him. Dre signed him in 1997, and 9 years later, look where he's at.

Em could sign a 50... then sign a Killa Kaunn from Detroit... then sign stat Quo... then sign Miz Korona out of Detroit.

_carmi

me, myself & us
^fuck it you cant understand shit. i just cant be bothered to explain you to what i was replying. i can be bothered with you at all.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.