Leaders marching against Yayo

In just a short amount of time, things have changed drastically so fast. It was only about 3-4 years ago that there was a "free Yayo" campaign, where he was the underdog. Now come 2007 and Tony Yayo is the big bad wolf and being the one rallied against, as he bears the blunt for an attack on a rival's son, who ended up with injuries to his face and ear.

On Monday, community activists, religious leaders, Russell Simmons, Al Sharpton, and the teen's mother, Cynthia Reed along with Czar entertainment will supposedly protest against G-Unit's own Tony Yayo as a "call to action and public grievance."

The Hip Hop Summit Action Network, whom are helping to plan the march feels it's their need to mediate the problem and to intervene hoping that the matter can be resolved relentlessly peacefully.

The CEO of the Hip Hop Summit Action Network, Dr. Benjamin Chavis, who will also be among the demonstration made a statement, stating, "Anytime a child in our community is harmed it is of great concern to us....At the end of the day, the interest of our children will be better served."

CoolWaterz said:
yayo is gay with a capital G
So why didn't you spell it with a Capital G?

Why march for this? Is a famous person's son more important then the kids who are victimized on a daily basis? Or is it because someone famous done the crime, does that make it more of a crime then if a regular person done it? Not to make light of this but I see way more important issues right outside my window that some of those who want to lead should be devotuing their time to.

^^^ i'm thinking this is more like the straw that broke the camel's back. they're bringing up all kinds of shit in conjuction with this. even that kat that got shot at the "Touch It" video shoot. and their getting at some major money players about it. damn near everyone that 50 does business with from Reebok to the Vitamin water folks.

in other words: rich old motherfuckas in the fortune 5 that might not want to do business with a black child beating convicted drug dealer.
i doubt that even sounds like a funny story in the board room.

and their not just going at 50 and Yayo, their going after the lifestyle of rap they and other rappers glorify. this has made them all perfect scape goats. we all know rap has been in the crosshairs for years. and this just might be the last bullet they needed for their clip to be full.

i think this has the potential to effect rap and hip hop more than the beef of Pac and Biggie if keeps spiraling like this.

far as i'm concerned..... we're gonna need more popcorn to watch this one unfold.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.