Kurupt, Juelz Santana, Lil Wayne, and Boo are forming a supergroup.

roaches

Also:
* Mannie Fresh and Cash Money's relationship is over
* Heatmakerz, Cool and Dre, Havoc, and Swizz Beats are going to be producing on The Carter 2 (I've also read Kanye West and Eminem in other articles)

like the super group the 4 horsemen? or the riflemen? or the originals? or Y.A? kurupt just keeps gettin into more and more groups

I get the impression that Wayne is just a really chill guy. He seems fun-loving and grateful, and he also seems like he's got good business and managing skills. He's obviously very highly respected already and he's only 22. Props to him.

I can't wait for The Carter II, either. I remember i didn't get hooked to The Carter 'til well after it was released. I heard "Go DJ" on the radio and something snapped..

Eric

The Carter was a classic CD. I would easily put that in my top 10 for 2004. I don't even fuck with Wayne like that, or atleast I didn't until that album came out. I remember I was extremely impressed by what I heard. I remember there were other established artists dropping albums at the same time and they were GARBAGE compared to The Carter. It's a thorough album, don't skip a single track. Lyrically, the motha fucka is coming up. You gotta if you been rappin since you were 13. A few months ago he put out a mixtape and there was an interlude about him saying he almost left Cash Money for Rocafella. I'm glad he didn't do that for the sake of The Carter II. The Carter II will be fire if it's on the same level as the first one.

Edit: I just saw the part about Manny Fresh. That changes my whole idea of The Carter II. Fuck it, Baby be fuckin up man.

roaches

Edit: I just saw the part about Manny Fresh. That changes my whole idea of The Carter II. Fuck it, Baby be fuckin up man.
Mannie Fresh won't effect things much. Wayne has needed some outside production for a long time, he was practically begging for it on the interludes on some of the SQAD tapes.

And to be honest, Mannie's seen better days. He's always good for a few bangers, but ever since Lights Out (the album where Lil' Wayne really came into his own as an MC, btw), he's been slipping.

Jazze Pha + Heatmakerz + Cool and Dre + Kanye West will hold Wayne down.

Eric

roaches said:
Mannie Fresh won't effect things much. Wayne has needed some outside production for a long time, he was practically begging for it on the interludes on some of the SQAD tapes.

And to be honest, Mannie's seen better days. He's always good for a few bangers, but ever since Lights Out (the album where Lil' Wayne really came into his own as an MC, btw), he's been slipping.

I'll admit he needs outside production and has for a long time. But I liked Mannie on The Carter because he was more versatile than he has been in the past. It didn't have traditional Mannie sounds.

OH AND PS: The Carter = second best Cash Money CD of all time. Guess the first :thumb:

Eric

roaches said:
400 Degreez?
B.G.'s 1997 albums?
The first Hot Boys album (maybe even the second)?
1. 400 Degreez
2. The Carter
3. Chopper City In The Ghetto
4. Guerilla Warfare

:thumb: :thumb:

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
Whoa now, don't forget about Havoc. Believe it or not, dude is nice with beats. And as far as this being a supergroup, I don't get it. It's far from that. I mean don't get me wrong, hopefully they put out some hot music, but it's nothing i'll be looking forward to.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.