Kool G Rap

linx

Staff member
He's been talked about plenty, maybe you've just always missed it. But anyway, he's also on my "top 10" favorite rappers of all time. He's up there, period.

Casey

Staff member
In my top 5. Kool G is a fucking legend. I remember being like 13 and hearing "Ill Street Blues" and trying to do that flow.. Kool G's flows are immense. Back in like 98 I think it was, Papoose released "Alphabetical Slaughter" for the first time, the flip side of the vinyl was this track "Thug Connection" ft. AZ and Kool G Rap.... That's possibly my favorite KGR verse of all time.

"Roots Of Evil" was a very under-rated album as well in my opinion.

My Favorite G Rap Verse Is From Live From The Streets

It's B.G.S. kid so what you facin? Caps racin
Decapitation twenty buck-fifties and lacerations
Guerilla fam' camouflaged out in the grass waitin
to blass your nation slash like Jason and bash your face in
We ass lacin top bodies and half in the basement
Our style, cast you so bad you'll need plastic replacement
When gats is raised in, fascination blastin and blazin
Evacuation for your whole staff there's gas in the tank and
Gets back abrasions from cap grazin, defy gravitation
Pull my shit back squeeze bust it like masturbation
Hold fort, hold the blow torch, leave your soul scorched
with no remorse, the state of New York, get your shit caught
When niggaz hawk, let the fifth talk
So tell me who's the next man to flip?

O Yea And His Verse From Wishful Thinking Is My Second

I be the crime story of all ghetto territorys
soldiers at war be blowin' up niggaz like glory
with pharmasoticle lavatorys
major to chemistry, PHD in streetology
degree in drug industry
combinin' H?O with matter from crack batter
rest it through molecules scatter
launchin' rockets to make the pocket fatter
mind bitin' an arm starts a crime
G equals and MC dat aint near the square son I gets mine
but yo the kill the fill with force fields and shields
and holy steel, a nigga keep it real
you know the deal, if the stakes ain't to high for me to grab
I got's to have, stack all the cabbage
from constructin' a drug traffic
police a jam me in try to find a new pot to frame me in
Aramians so I resort the evil thoughts like Damien
this flame of fury to the D-A and the jury
100 grand the judges hammer slams I'm a free ma

KanDeeMan said:
His 4,5,6 record is one of my favorite all-time rap records, "Blowin' Up in the World" is a timeless track.
yes sir 4,5,6 is a top notch album. I really like it's a shame and for da borthaz. But the entire album is on point.

Militant said:
In my top 5. Kool G is a fucking legend. I remember being like 13 and hearing "Ill Street Blues" and trying to do that flow.. Kool G's flows are immense. Back in like 98 I think it was, Papoose released "Alphabetical Slaughter" for the first time, the flip side of the vinyl was this track "Thug Connection" ft. AZ and Kool G Rap.... That's possibly my favorite KGR verse of all time.

"Roots Of Evil" was a very under-rated album as well in my opinion.
Well i saw u mentioned "Thug Connection" and i figured, Militant, hes knows what he's talking about, so i went and downloaded it on te quick fast. Turns out Kool G has the thried verse and he puts the first 2 to shame. Kool g tears the shit to shreads.

Casey

Staff member
/\ yessir. see how KGR murders that shit.

"hopes get higher, eyes witness the bright messiah, thought he'd fly you to god and higher but delivered you to hellfire"

G Rap is on my top 10 also. I respect his work and looking forward for anything he drops. You guys already metioned some of his greatest songs. The two on top of mind right now are 'My Life' and 'Gangsta Nigga'. I also noticed that nobody mentioned his classic joint with Mobb Deep - 'The Realest'...

Casey

Staff member
troublesome2004 said:
G Rap is on my top 10 also. I respect his work and looking forward for anything he drops. You guys already metioned some of his greatest songs. The two on top of mind right now are 'My Life' and 'Gangsta Nigga'. I also noticed that nobody mentioned his classic joint with Mobb Deep - 'The Realest'...
For the most part though, 80's Kool G >>> 90's Kool G

his verse on mobb deeps the realest is one of the best verses on the murda musik album lol. i read in an interview wit him somewhere that 50 was tryin to sign him but he didnt know if he wanted to go mainstream or some shit lol.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
I always thought kool g rap was btter then rakim ..... i might be on the minority side on that one.But me personally i think kool g rap was one of the 1st niggaz in the rap game to switch the game up?imo

Kool G. Rap ranks alongside King Tee as a rapper ahead of his time, flow-wise. Neither of them sounded like most rappers sounded in the '80's-early '90's, and the way they rap still holds up today. You know what I'm talking about where if you hear Run DMC or Kurtis Blow rapping, it immediately sounds dated, Kool G. Rap and King Tee didn't sound like that back then.

i saw him and krs live at the metro last year, i remember he had his wife on stage with him looking very pregnant and some people thought that was some sort of indication that he was soft but man he got on the mic and tore it to shreds.

when he did ill street blues i thought i was gonna get sandwiched between these two caucasian beefcakes who started jumping up and down, nearly consuming me. 3 in the morning, lol, what can i say.

DontGo2Sleep said:
i saw him and krs live at the metro last year, i remember he had his wife on stage with him looking very pregnant and some people thought that was some sort of indication that he was soft but man he got on the mic and tore it to shreds.

when he did ill street blues i thought i was gonna get sandwiched between these two caucasian beefcakes who started jumping up and down, nearly consuming me. 3 in the morning, lol, what can i say.
His wife also raps under the name Ma Barker.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.