Kool G Rap signs with Back Route

Kool G Rap, one of hip-hop’s truest veterans, has signed to an independent label located in California named Back Route.

Kool G Rap has been looking at potential labels for months as his new album, Uncontrolled Substance, is ready for release. It was even rumoured at one point that he was to sign to G-Unit’s imprint.

Apparently the appeal to sign with Back Route came from the reputation of the labels’ CEO, Jamez ‘Jamez Bomb’ Rosado. "I first linked up with my dude Jamez through doing a feature with one of the artist signed to his label named Okwerdz," said Kool G Rap. "My man [producer] Domingo also spoke highly of how Jamez handles business. That's basically how we connected to lay down this street album. Uncontrolled Substance is definitely gonna be a banger."

Kool G Rap has been a historical force in hip-hop since releasing his 1988 record, Road to Riches which was subsequently followed by albums of an equally classic nature.

DJ Green Lantern is also working with Back Route for his next mixtape, Sneak Attack which is set to feature exclusive content from their artist roster.

Yang

AmerikazMost said:
^ Yeah, it's Deck

Glad he didn't sign to G-Unit. I'd kill myself if I heard the G-G-G-G-Unit tag all over G Rap's songs.
Agreeded.
I'm really glad to hear this, dat he isn't another gay unit rapper.
Lookin' foward to hear the album ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.