Kool G Rap 1 Of The Illest MC's Not To Blow Up

Yep it's true, you get some many under rated MC's but G Rap is 1 of the best of them, it's a shame G Rap didn't blow, the creator of that mafiso gangster rap.

He's such a consistent MC & his rap catalouge proved that, despite the ''Click Of Respect'' album, he never dropped nothing weak.

Fuck VH1 though, they've honoured majority of the golden era MC's except Kool G Rap, that some bullshit.

Kool G Rap >>>> Your favourite rapper.

Goes out bumping ''Wanted: Dead Or Alive'' album :thumb:.

masta247

Staff member
he's not bad but not that good really. Sure he's better than 50 cent or Eminem so he is under rated. Also he's nice lyrically. But he's not THAT good really in my opinion. I like his style but overall he's average.

masta247 said:
he's not bad but not that good really. Sure he's better than 50 cent or Eminem so he is under rated. Also he's nice lyrically. But he's not THAT good really in my opinion. I like his style but overall he's average.
:laugh: :laugh:.

Ae you serious? Kool G. Rap average?

I respect people's opinions but not when they are stupid like that, i bet you ain't even heard all of G Rap's albums.

Kool G. Rap is the only rapper to drop 3 classic albums in a row, ain't no other solo artist done that, plus you don't be average be out shining Nas on a song.

ARon

I was thinking he was gonna be honored next year. They've done KRS, Kane, Ra, and so G Rap has to be next in line. And yes he is way above average. My favorite verse of his might be on The Realest, so many to choose from though. G Rap is up there though, but again nowhere near average.

ARon

^Why come in here bein mean?
Maybe he is tryin to discuss a good rapper rather than your typical Beef, someone got shot thread. Plus he came with a point, dude is underrated, spreadin his name is not a bad thing, there are many people who haven't heard of him, so this can help.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Everyone that knows shit about hip hop acknowledges that Kool G Rap is one of the greats.

Did you only discover Kool G Rap now r sumthin.?
You must be mad that your girl looks like Freeway homie.

If you ain't got something good to contribute, don't enter the thread you stupid arrogant motherfucker.

AmerikazMost

They haven't honored Slick Rick yet either, so chill.

Those are the first five faces that come to mind when I think of that era (Ra, Kane, KRS, G Rap, and Rick).

A close homie of mine met the dude and chills with him from time to time... lets take away his music for a second... according to my homie, he's a really humble and down to earth dude... !!!

ARon

AmerikazMost said:
They haven't honored Slick Rick yet either, so chill.

Those are the first five faces that come to mind when I think of that era (Ra, Kane, KRS, G Rap, and Rick).
Ahh yup, forgot about Slick, well one of the two will be honored then. What girl you think they will honor, they do latifah yet?

masta247

Staff member
Alright maybe it's just me but i don't really like him that much. Maybe it's just my personal thought. I liked his verses on Big L's album, Nas's but don't like his albums really. His style is original and that's all for me. He is underrated but not that much in my opinion. And sayin average i don't mean he's bad but not great as Pac, Nas, Big L and even many Wu-tang members for example. Average like.. Rass Kass, Jay-z (who is overrated really). But that's just in my point of view. But he spits some mad verses sometimes tho.

btw man don't offend people just because they think differently. Forums are about conversations.

He may not be 'officially recognised' yet but I don't think that's important... most already respect him as a long standing legend in hip-hop. Having said that...

Slick Rick > Kool G Rap

linx

Staff member
masta247 said:
Alright maybe it's just me but i don't really like him that much. Maybe it's just my personal thought. I liked his verses on Big L's album, Nas's but don't like his albums really. His style is original and that's all for me. He is underrated but not that much in my opinion. And sayin average i don't mean he's bad but not great as Pac, Nas, Big L and even many Wu-tang members for example. Average like.. Rass Kass, Jay-z (who is overrated really). But that's just in my point of view. But he spits some mad verses sometimes tho.

btw man don't offend people just because they think differently. Forums are about conversations.
It's fine you don't like him. He's gonna be the legend he is regardless, lol. As far as him being underrated, i'd say he is.. but not on this board. He gets talked about a decent amount and people recognize who he is and what he has done. As far as being a lyricist, he's just as good, if not better than Nas and Big L. As far as comparing him to Wu-Tang, I think that's stupid. If you wanna name individuals from Wu, that's fine though. He's a better lyricist than everyone individually in Wu-Tang though. Dudes just that nice.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online