Kony=nj?

Some examples:

Sugar Hill Gang: Posers from Jersey who changed hip-hop forever

Sugar Hill Records: The driving force behind the gang. They also gave an outlet to Kool Moe Dee, the Furious Five, etc.

Queen Latifah: 'nuff said

Mark the 45 King: His work DITC, Gang Starr, Flavor Unit, Eric B & Rakim, etc. Where would Jay-Z be without "Hard Knock Life"?

Naughty by Nature: The hooks, man

Redman: helped bring griminess into east coast rap

It goes on. Chill Rob G, Lakim Shabazz, The Fugees, Mr. Len, Artifacts, Lords of the Underground, etc. NJ doesn't get its due. Jersey cats changed hip-hop forever with "Rapper's Delight". Jersey cats brought hooks/choruses to their current prominence. A Jersey cat helped launch the reign of hip-hop's most successful figure and helped get one of hip-hop's greatest groups off the ground. A Jersey cat owned the east coast mixtape circuit in the early '00s and is still one of the leading foils to people like 50 Cent. Jersey runs New York.

This is a New Jersey appreciation thread.

C.R.Y.

HellRazor05 said:
Shit, I feel yall...my city dont get the props we deserve no more either. Big up to New Jerz, I got mad love for you cats. We gotta start a movement or somethin to put our cities back on the map. The East coast needs to stand the fuck up. 1
agreed. east isnt just brooklyn, queens, and the bronx. its newark, east orange, philadelphia, yonkers, dc, etc.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.