Kon Artis to score movie soundtrack

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Detroit native Vondie Curtis-Hall dropped by his hometown last week to swap notes with rapper-producer Kon Artis, who's cooking up the hip-hop score for the director's upcoming Universal crime drama, Waist Deep.

Kon Artis, a prolific producer best known for his role alongside Eminem in D12, was enlisted by Curtis-Hall this summer to provide tracks for the film, due in April with Tyrese Gibson and rapper the Game in starring roles. Kon Artis promptly whipped up a series of what he calls mood music, based only on a reading of the movie's script.

"He was sending me stuff that was right on the money," says Curtis-Hall. "It's about making it authentic and feeling right."

The director says he was determined to find sounds that wouldn't date his movie down the road: "I wanted something that sounded timeless, and five years from now, his music will still sound classic."

Curtis-Hall made his big-screen directing debut with 1997's Gridlock'd, starring Tupac Shakur; Kon Artis -- Denaun Porter to his grade-school teachers -- got his first run at Hollywood with a contribution to the Shark Tale soundtrack in '04.

Source : D12 World

Kon Artis needs more recognition as a producer... he produced Xzibit's Multiply, G-Unit's Stunt 101, 50 Cent's P.I.M.P., and a whole buncha other dope beats. I love his style.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online