K'naan

Da_Funk

I feel as if this guy is the best thing the rap game has to offer right now, that its had to offer in a long time. Yet I never see anyone talk about him here. Anyways I don't know what else I have to say, I guess I just wanted to expose you people to some real good music so here's some of his songs and hopefully at least one of you will enjoy it.

THEV1LL4N

yea i knew about him a few years back but didnt bother listening to him. he was on the fifa 06 soundtrack and had a song out last year called "ABC's" feauturing Chubb Rock.

He learned english through hip-hop. amazing.

I know this guy personally. When he came to Canada, him and his brother were raised in the same neighborhood as me. He was always a wild cat, and to see him as the calm, collective, soulful rapper is the last thing I would've expected but the man is doing it right. In the actual video to his song 'Struggling', he has our Dixon (Our Block) as the backdrop for the video.

Now besides the fact that there's a personal connection, this man is truly talented. He can write amazing stories in very unique ways. He doesn't need to pose, and he just overall possesses an aura that's hard to explain but can only lead to something legendary. He in my opinion, is the Bob Marley of our time, except with conscious rap. The man is serious underrated.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=6uwVj04xG-E&feature=related[/video]

Anytime somebody on this board asks for an underrated artist, local artist, I bring up K'naan...so I have no idea how you haven't seen him mentioned on this board...either way, BIG UP THIS THREAD!!!

Kobe

he was on the fifa 06 soundtrack
Ironically, that's the last version of FIFA I ever owned. That song 'Soobax' is catchy, he shot the video in Kenya at a place called Eastleigh. Local media here didn't give him too much attention, they were busy promoting other useless artists instead. Jokes on them. True, the production on his music may be 'different' but, he's got skills. One of my friends listens to his 'Troubadour' LP on repeat constantly, she loves his music.

Right now, I'm all about his track 'waving flag'. It's even my ringtone :D

Showing the diversity within himself...this man rocks the mic with Nelly Furtado (who's looking FINE as always!)

Melodic vibe on this one...

K'naan lays down his verse on 2pac's 'Thug Mansion' This video has the lyrics to this tune in it's info box...

Based on a real story that happened in Sweden Gothenburg knaan and his friend/manager sol-guy got man handle by racists Swedish security and police officers quote from k'naan website "International Touring Band Assaulted in Racial Violence by Swedish Security"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.