Kingdom Come sells 680k in first week

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Coming out of retirement has proven successful for Jay-Z. His new album, Kingdom Come, debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart on sales of 680,000, giving the Brooklyn MC the highest sales week of his career.

The Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam album marks Jay-Z’s ninth No. 1 on the album chart, which ties the Rolling Stones for the third most No. 1s and trails only the Beatles with 19 and Elvis Presley with 10.

Snoop Dogg’s new album, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, bowed at No. 5 on sales of 264,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The Doggystyle/Geffen set is the arrest-prone rapper’s ninth top 10 album and features the track "I Wanna Love You," performed by Akon and featuring Snoop.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Some1 clear this up for me, now was this because it actually sold that many copies, or is it because the album was longer than 100 minutes? Was it a double disc?

SMack

I think you'll find it was 680k. Not 340k+bonus disk.

Still lost out to Timberlake who sold 684k with Future Sex/Lovesounds earlier this year!!!

_carmi

me, myself & us
well.. can't say much. i'm sure each disc counted double due to the bonus disc. anyways i don't care, his album sucks.

lii

good on him. i saw him in concert he is awesome. altho the whole doubledisc thing makes me wonder, its so deceptive!!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I am not a Jay-Z fan... I hate his voice and I think 99% of his raps lack content. Basically it's just him chatting shit... More like a freestyle.

But....

His album was better than the others I picked up this month... That includes The Game, Snoop, 2pac and Fat Joe.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.