Kim Mathers: Marriage ended over drug addiction

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It didn’t take long for things between Eminem and his on-and-off-and-on again wife Kimberly Mathers to settle into an old, familiar pattern.

After last week’s announcement that he has filed for divorce from his childhood sweetheart for a second time, Kim went on a radio station and said their split occurred because the rapper is still hooked on drugs.

"He's having problems with, you know, his problem that he had," she told Detroit radio show Mojo in the Morning, likely referring to the sleeping-pill addiction for which Eminem sought treatment last summer. "Right after he came home from his rehab, we started to have a few problems, and I thought it was going to be in our best interest to delay the wedding. But he really pushed it and I thought it was really going to be something that worked this time."

Kim said she hadn’t spoken to Eminem in six weeks, but was still shocked to receive divorce papers on Wednesday (April 6).

"I don't really necessarily want to get divorced," she said. "I was hoping he was going to come home and say, 'I got us a counselor, let's go.’ It was really quite a shock to me. It's in his best interest that he does return to rehab, but yeah that's one of the main problems. He's not been honest and he left a month and a half ago."

Kim, who has had her own missteps with drug addictions, says she has been clean for two years. Hours after her radio interview, Eminem, born Marshall Mathers, responded with the following statement:

The details surrounding both my marriage and subsequent filing for divorce are private, and I had hoped to keep them that way for the sake of my family. A few of Kim's statements in a radio interview need to be addressed. First, her allegations regarding my status post-rehab are both untrue and unfortunate. Second, she was aware that I was filing for divorce. We both tried to give our marriage another chance and quickly realized that a wedding doesn't fix the underlying problems.

Eminem’s grandmother even jumped into the situation. Commenting on her grandson’s sudden second marriage to Kim, Betty Kresin said during her call to Detroit’s Drew & Mike radio show: "I told him from the beginning it would not work. I'm glad he came to his senses early. Marshall I'm sure gave it 200 percent, where Kim probably gave it 1 percent."

Eminem and Kim remarried in January. Their first marriage lasted from 1999 to 2001 and produced a daughter, Hailie Jade, who is now 10. Kim says Hailie found out about their divorce while listening to the radio.

In related news Eminem has claimed that talk of his retirement has been greatly exaggerated.

Speaking to Shade 45 host Lil Shawn Eminem said, "People get it twisted when I said I’m taking a break. I never said I’m going to stop doing music. What I meant was that I’m taking a break from being the frontman and the center of attention. I want to fall back for a minute, but I never stop recording. I keep busy."

Eminem also stated he is currently working on Obie Trice’s sophomore album, Second Round’s On Me, scheduled to hit stores on May 30.

In addition, the Shady Records CEO also showed excitement for his newly signed artists, Atlanta’s Bobby Creekwater and West Coast rapper Ca$his. "I feel like we got an all-star team now," He said.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.