Kevin Liles Addresses Jay-Z/Warner Rumors

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Since Jay-Z stepped down from his position as president of Def Jam in December 2007, there has been a lot of speculation about the mogul's next move. The most recent rumor has Hov going to Warner Music Group. In this exclusive interview SOHH discusses the possibility with Kevin Liles, Warner's Executive Vice President.

As SOHH previously reported, an industry insider told New York's Daily News that Jay-Z is in talks to start his own label with the head of Warner Music Group, Lyor Cohen. In early 2004 both Cohen and Liles left Island Def Jam and took top positions at Warner.

When asked if Jay-Z would be following suit, Liles would neither confirm nor deny the rumor. "Jay is going to do Jay. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he decides to do. We always gonna be together so it is what it is," Liles answered cryptically.

Lyor Cohen originally signed Jay-Z to Def Jam in 1997 and Liles was instrumental in his success. Cohen has previously said, "I would be honored and privileged to work with him again. Bringing Jay-Z to the Warner Music Group would be a privilege and a coup. I'd do it in a heartbeat."

Jay-Z is also rumored to be in talks with Apple to launch a new digital label.

Source: SOHH.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.