Keith Murray gets jacked in South Africa

Casey

Staff member
Rapper Keith Murray became the victim of a robbery in South Africa, while traveling overseas to work on his new album.

Pretoria News reports that Murray and several other people were robbed at about 10 p.m. on Tuesday (Sept. 18) by two armed men, who entered the first floor of Cube recording studios in Parkview.
The rapper ended up losing "the last 12 years of his work" that was stored on his Apple Mac, according to Ghetto Ruff CEO Lance Stehr, who added that the robbers had two other accomplices who waited for them downstairs while the robbery took place.

The men took "about four laptops" in addition to the cell phones and cash of the other people in the studio, Stehr added.
Murray, the News stated, is offering a R 50,000 reward for the return of his laptop.

At the time of the incident, the rapper was working with various South African artists and producers on the album, including producer Bongani Fassie and DJ Cleo.
The incident comes days after Murray refuted claims by various members of the South African Hip-Hop community, including YFM's Hip-Hop DJ, Lee Kasumba, that he was high on drugs when he made a surprise appearance at the Bassline Music Series earlier this month.

In addition to Bongani Fassie, Murray is working various South African artists and producers on his new project, including DJ Cleo.
I know all about this since my manager also runs international operations for this label. (Zola is on the label, as is Ishmael who features on 2 songs on our new album inc. one with Pras).

Keith has been over there working with the label and this happened. Damn that sucks.

Jeremy

How the fuck do you not have your worked backed up to another location?? What is the laptop crashed? That's just stupid as fuck.

who ever did that is a stupid piece of shit. yeah have your shit backed up man, but people who go around stealing peoples shit is fucking stupid! get your own shit motherfuckers

Farzin

Well i gotta say he is a dumbass.

Shoulda backed it up if its something as important as that.

Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.