Kanye West Success

im just curious about how he was nominated for 10 grammys or whatever and is currently one of the most popular(?)/ most talked about artist...
i personally dont like his stuff

so what were the reasons for the great success his debut album had?
his style? his lyrics? the production?

Rosco

Production had alot to do with it. And he managed to penetrate the mainstream without telling us how fat his wallet was.

ARon

His production of course, what attracted me most was his way to construct a song and acutally have something to say, he might lack in lyrical abilities but when you actually have something to say it doesn't really matter. Plus it was something new, he does have his own style, and an arrogance that is good when you want to be in business. Plus I havn't heard soul like he lays down in some of his beats since Pete Rock.

Aristotle said:
His production of course, what attracted me most was his way to construct a song and acutally have something to say, he might lack in lyrical abilities but when you actually have something to say it doesn't really matter. Plus it was something new, he does have his own style, and an arrogance that is good when you want to be in business. Plus I havn't heard soul like he lays down in some of his beats since Pete Rock.
There you go, worded perfect.

Echso said:
His production is easily the best thing about him, the fact that he's so cocky bugs me, though.
yeah i read some time ago that he flipped out when he didnt win the best new artist award or something

lol i wasnt really into his stuff before that but after i read about that, i started to not like him :p

Leech316 said:
yeah i read some time ago that he flipped out when he didnt win the best new artist award or something

lol i wasnt really into his stuff before that but after i read about that, i started to not like him :p

lmao no that was 50 cent walked up to the stage thought he won but they didnt call his name :thumb: :D

Kayne West is overrated. Maybe his production was original when it first came out but his sound has been the same since. His soul sampling is getting so old. Also, why is he so cocky? He wanted a magazine to pay him to be on the cover. Please. He sold a little less than 2 mil. Who does he think he is? 50?

ShadowSoulja said:
lmao no that was 50 cent walked up to the stage thought he won but they didnt call his name :thumb: :D
lol that was fun to watch hahah but i remember readin one about kanye as well....late 2004 i think lol hm.....

jbrolax

he got a song about jesus to play on the radio.....thats his claim to fame

i liked his shit when it came out it was like nothing else out, mainstream that is....but as i learned about his arrogance i started to dislike him...if he wasnt cocky hed be awsome

and yes he did flip out about the whole not winning best new artist.

Little Skittle

i think hes awesome and his cockiness just adds to his character...hes the biggest individual since eminem, his character (which i think it is...just a character...like how eminem pretended to be crazy early in his career kinda) is cartoonish, but hes still got deep lyrics and soulful beats, college dropout is/will be classic, all it needs is time

You have to be arrogant to gain attention, who listens to a soft spoke rapper/producer.

Kanye has great productions skills and improving lyrical ability. He helps bring some good music, sick and tired of hearing songs with someone yellling "YEAH!"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.